Random photo of the day

• I met Pappy and George Gay at an airshow in Little Rock when I was in my early 20s. Bought his book "Black Sheep" which he graciously autographed. Of the two, if I had not already known who they were, I would have picked George to be a war hero. He was polite, but a bit reserved....a grandfatherly figure who carried the mark of the events he had taken part in.

Any time the Western way of war can be unleashed on an enemy stupid enough to enter its arena, victory is assured. Victor Davis Hanson

• I heard Boyington broke his contract with the AVG, and that's why he had to hop ships back to the states.

He did resign and got a dishonorable from the AVG. One of the things he was pissed about was he was told they would be "absorbed" into the Army Air Corp. He was under the impression that he would be able to regain his commission in the Marines. Which he did end up getting.

• Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• May be an image of text that says 'St. Louis Only in Texas do Mባለት people get excited about acold front El Paso COUR DRY Dallas New San Antonio Dropping temperatures into the 80's'

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• 80’s this week, 90’s next week when I’m off. I can’t win.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'DEAD BURGLAR'

How about that!!!!

From WTTC News in Dallas, we get this heartwarming tale of a long-time criminal 33year old Deyfon Pipkin, who tried to climb in through a window of a Texas home.

The elderly owner occupant saw him and fired one shot, ending Deyfon's criminal career.

As the police do, they came by to investigate, gathered the corpse, then went to notify Deyfon's family of his unfortunate demise. It seems that the family was very upset, because they showed up at the scene.

"He could have used a warning," Lakesha Thompson, Pipkins' sister-in-law, complained. "He could have let him know that he did have a gun on his property and he would use it in self-defense. How’s he gonna make an honest living for his family if some old dude who doesn't need the money caps his ass first without a warning shot?"

COMMENTS FROM THE SIDELINE:

"That's certainly true, Lakesha. He could also have invited him in and given him a beer, then helped him cart the TV out to the curb".

"Unfortunately for Deyfon, Texas is a Castle Doctrine state, and the homeowner chose to shoot Deyfon, as is right and proper to do in Texas.

"For that matter, Lakesha, you could have warned Deyfon. Why didn't YOU tell him: "Deyfon, yo' needs to quit breakin' into those peoples' houses and stealin they shit. Someone is goins to pop a cap in yo' ass'"

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• She's moving more toward pop.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Went to Huntington Beach Saturday to meet my brother and my nephew and his friend. we stayed at the beach for a bit while they were in the water with their boogie boards (and wet suits)

I got too cold so stay there. My brother had a sweater but I didn't. we moved across the beach and it was wonderful.

Sunday I went to Hollywood for a little BBQ with my friend Kira. I even wore a bathing suit (first time in public) and got in the pool.

From Huntington beach, you can see Long Beach in one of these pics (buildings). These container ships are backed up all the way to at least Huntington, and have been for weeks. These ships have been sitting out there waiting to get a berth, and I was told it will take six months to clear them all and get caught up.

line of ships headed to Long Beach. You can see LB here

New bathing suit

• redwing7

Halloween costume idea.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Lake Oroville, CA.

The first photo is from 3 years ago.

The 2nd photo was taken April 27 2021.

The 3rd was taken last week.

221794815_10158392797246848_956775903005179584_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Fuz_DMlRzhYAX8jw97b&_nc_ht=scontent.fxds1-1.fna&oh=87691d7e90a3f211c5a87518e67f2526&oe=612FD120

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

tRump is the Master of the Con with 70 years of practice/experience. It is sad that so many supposedly intelligent and educated people fall for his cons.

DJ Trump: while I support the Dems, if I ran I would run as a Republican because those people are easy to fool.

• And?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!