Pizza, Fast Food Chains and the race to the bottom.

• Why would you do that? WHY?

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Do do you think it could be that your tastes have just changed? I don't see any difference in those pizzas myself but how can you actually remember a taste?

Then again I'm not a very picky eater and I will eat any kind of pizza pretty much. Little Caesars Pizza for five bucks is pretty good considering the price and I will eat that all day long

Climate warming has always been a good thing. When the climate gets warmer, life thrives on earth. Global warming has always been a good thing. I thank God for global warming. Climate alarmists are fucking retarded.

• I agree most of the mainstream places have gone to shit. Especially when I'm in the USA, it looks like the united colors of Benneton inside every place, and most employees can't even string a sentence together, much less make decent food.

If I'm eating out for fast food, I'll go to Peter's drive through in Calgary, it's a local institution, really decent home made burgers/fries/etc. For subs I hit this Vietnamese place called Thi Thi, same thing as Peter's, a local well known shop, it's lined up like crazy during lunch from the downtown offices, so I go at either 11am or 1pm and buy enough for a couple days and just freeze them, cheap too. For pizza, near my mom's place there is a shop that does Chicago deep dish type pizza that's always really good, the Italian guy that runs it is in his 80s now, and has been running it for 50+ years, and gives a shit about his reputation and food, and it shows.

I'll hit Harvey's if I'm in a rush to get sandwiches, or even the deli at Safeway makes a better sandwich than Wendy's or McD's does, by far.

It's a shame, because Wendy's 10 years ago up here had fantastic food for the $, their dollar menu was off the charts for value/quality ratio, I could get a large chili, a caesar side salad, 3 chicken strips, and a drink for under ten bucks, and eat that for the entire day, and it was GOOD, not shit like it is now, plus it costs 75% more now too. Fuck that.

Review of the Thi Thi place in Calgary - great subs, never had better anywhere.

https://letseatyeg.com/2017/09…vietnamese-submarine-yyc/

• Do do you think it could be that your tastes have just changed? I don't see any difference in those pizzas myself but how can you actually remember a taste?

Then again I'm not a very picky eater and I will eat any kind of pizza pretty much. Little Caesars Pizza for five bucks is pretty good considering the price and I will eat that all day long

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• The flavor is rapidly disappearing from all but the more expensive food..

That is particularly true of beef, and anything beef based.

It's a matter of breeding, feeding, and growing for maximum mass, as rapidly as possible. It was accelerated a great deal by the massive herd loss during the huge storm a few years back.

The only beef with any real flavor is found in expensive restaurants and higher end butcher shops.

The average person notices very little. They've never really had good quality food products, few, if any, have ever raised their own, most of them don't actually cook, they use pre-prepared crap out of a box or a can, they eat at crappy fast food joints, and they use too much salt.

• Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I'm going to disagree with most here on Dominos. Dominos used to be crap that basically everyone avoided. Their business was circling the drain, but they've done amazing things to turn it around. Now I'm not going to claim extreme quality, they've done a fantastic job of using above average ingredients to make decently good pizza for an amazing cost. And when you look at it, they are turning out pizzas (pickup) for about the cost of a frozen pizza. And theirs are better than the frozen pizzas.

Pizza Hut has largely remained the same, but with the success of Dominos, there aren't many of them around here (SE Pennsylvania). Same with Little Caesers.

• I disagree, we buy these for a quick bite on a busy day.

http://www.newmansown.com/food…-uncured-pepperoni-pizza/

Profits go to charity.

• this.

The beef in my freezer has vastly more flavor than all but the highest end you can purchase.

All grass fed jersey/limousine cross.

• You hit a cow with your limo?

• Was out duck hunting about 20 years ago and after hunting all morning we stopped at McDonald's. We set a couple quarter pounders with cheese in the back of the truck for our hunting labs because they hadn't ate since early a.m. Headed back to the launch and when we got there the dogs had not ate the "burgers". Hunted that afternoon loaded up and went home, left the "burgers" in the back with the dogs for the ride home. Got home and the dogs still had not ate them. To my knowledge my old man has never again eaten McDonald's, he said if a starving dog wouldn't eat that shit there's no way it was fit for a human...

• Rotten Ronnies is good for relieving constipation.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

tRump is the Master of the Con with 70 years of practice/experience. It is sad that so many supposedly intelligent and educated people fall for his cons.

DJ Trump: while I support the Dems, if I ran I would run as a Republican because those people are easy to fool.

• Cork sniffers, is what you are.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• For five bucks, Little Caesars is pretty good. How much does a gas station or store frozen pizza cost?

Gas station pizza is a tradition after midnight on the way home from the bar. And I'm a fan of the frozen Jack's pizzas, you can get them on sale for 3 for $10 around here. They are perfect for when the wife and kids are gone. Cook them directly on the oven rack and use the box for a plate, zero dishes to do...

• $7.99 here but by the time you add in the taxes where you are Ill bet it's going to cost you double that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!