My crap DCS Thread

• But I enjoy it as is now. For me it's a sandbox. I decide what I want to do/learn and set goals. Otherwise the aimlessness sets me adrift.

That's what's great about it, there is something for everyone, a truly endless amount of shit to do, be it missions/campaigns made by others, or stuff you create how you like it. SO many modules, I buy every single one (for several PCs), and there are modules I haven't even loaded up yet, like the new A10 2, the P47, and a bunch of others. They have a huge number of teams and people working on all kinds of things, the next year or two is going to yield some great stuff.

• Well, this isn't gonna work. I'll just make a chart with screen caps and study it. I know the M1A2's bore evacuator is in the first 1/3 of the gun barrel and the Russian tanks are the last 1/3.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Definitely not my finest hour.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtu.be

• The Aces High Spit rides on rails comparatively. It's worth taking it for a spin in the free trial but I probably won't do much WWII stuff.

But all of the planes in Aces High are relatively rock steady. 800 yard deflection shots are easy.

• Having never flown a high performance fighter in real life I have no knowledge of which is more realistic, bouncy or steady, I suspect the former. IL2 is more like DCS. Air Warrior, Warbirds, AH, are all pretty steady.

• I will land that Spit properly before the trial ends though. My biggest issue in that is I don't know how to read the airspeed indicator. Was flying by the seat of my pants and obviously misjudged my speed.

• I said attempt 2 but it was actually number 3, counting the 4 or 5 bounces yesterday as one landing. Think I got the hang of it.

• Falklands?

External Content www.youtube.com

• I guess if you've landed one tail dragger....

Playing around with an editor to reduce the file size of these videos.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!