DOWN. YOUR. THROAT.

• Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• The best that can ever happen to this country. Make America Great Again.

2020, America's New Civil War.

If people do not display wisdom, they will crash like blind moles and then mutual annihilation will commence.

Hitler: "We will drown them in their own blood!"
    Stalin: "We will drown them in our own blood!"

Jong-un: "We will drown us in our own blood!"

Senator Elizabeth Warren, winner of the 2018 Rachel Dolezal Award.

Dems: "Tell us the truth"
    Barr: "There was spying"
    Dems:"NOT THAT TRUTH"

• Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• lol

That win is over shadow by the EPIC presidential win a year ago.

Not to mention the four Democrat loses in special congressional elections since Mr. Trump took office. Let's see, we just filled the empty SCOTUS Position with a conservative and another seat will be filled in the next year or two. The tally so far is, (As of 10/23/2017) Republicans are in the White House, there are 239 Republicans and 194 Democrats in the House of Representatives and 52 Republican and 48 Democrats in the US Senate.

There are 32 state legislatures controlled by the Republicans, 12 controlled by the democrats and six state legislature split. Until today's election there were 34 governorships controlled by the Republicans, 15 by democrats and one Independent.

There was a total of 25 state governments that were were fully controlled by the Republicans, 5 completely controlled by the Democrats and 20 with split control between both parties. These numbers didn't change by more than three or four in today's state elections, So the Dems are still at a historic low for government control throughout the nation and they owe it to Mr. Obama and Hillary Clinton.

• VA has gone from red to purple to blue over the last 20 years. Prince William County, where I grew up in the 60's/70's, has a MAJORITY of people for whom English is a second language

• I will never understand why people think a gubernatorial election has anything at all to do with the sitting President.

I thought the same under Obama.

Sure, a few states will go Dem or R, but that has nothing to do with the sitting President and more to do with how that state was run by the other losing party.

• https://www.huffingtonpost.com…ncid=edlinkushpmg00000313

Democrats In Washington State Win Full Control Of The Government

Manka Dhingra (D) won her special election to a state Senate seat, which switches control of the chamber.

58189045170000c5045baf66.jpg?ops=100_100
    By Jennifer Bendery

5a00a5a81d00001a3d7f4620.png?cache=3jtr1t3gwz&ops=crop_161_9_717_441,scalefit_720_noupscale

MANKA DHINGRA CAMPAIGN

WASHINGTON ― Democrat Manka Dhingra won Tuesday’s special election to a Washington state Senate seat ― a race that most people wouldn’t be paying attention to except that Dhingra just cemented her party’s full control of the state government.

Dhingra defeated Republican Jinyoung Lee Englund in a race that people poured millions of dollars into because of the significance of the seat. Democrats control the governorship and the state House in Washington, but until Tuesday, they’ve been one seat short of a majority in the Senate.

That one-seat differential has mattered. Republicans in the Senate have prevented Gov. Jay Inslee from enacting some of his top legislative priorities relating to climate change, voting rights and birth control. They also forced Democrats to compromise on a smaller state budget.

Subscribe to the Politics email.
    How will Trump's administration impact you?

Inslee told The New York Times earlier this week that if Democrats win control of the Senate, he has ambitious plans for new policies like a carbon tax.

“We intend to make a full-scale effort in the next session of the Legislature if we win,” Inslee said. “It will be a bell in the night, showing hope for the country, rejecting the Trump agenda of denying climate science.”

A Republican previously held the Senate seat, which is based in the Seattle suburbs. But the district leans Democratic. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama both carried the district in the 2016 and 2012 elections, respectively.

• Well woop-dee-doo.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Death rattle. Nothing to see here.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

• twat2 The Trumpster is doing what I wanted him to do.. that is mainly he has saved the supreme court and federal courts from being a leftist joke. He has also appointed cabinet heads and dept heads that are aligned with my thinking more than I can ever remember.

If you look at a map... the places going blue? the counties and especially the cities are not places anyone with any brains at all would even consider living in... they are hell holes.

As more and more of these hell holes spring up in a state.. it reaches a hell hole tipping point.. the state then goes blue and the it really is 'in your face' for the poor bastards who have to live under that government.

Believe me... I live in California where literally millions of people are suffering under the 'in your face' democrat law a day bullshit.

But.. the real hope is the constitution. And judges that support it. California is under about a dozen major lawsuits by gun owners here. Sanctuary cities... the health and crime problems that make frisco (which could be paradise) into a hell hole.

So to me.. it does not matter if democrats are in power in a state or Republicans (I mean it does but..) because with sensible courts the democrat unconstitutional shit will get struck down.... and this is real.. this is for decades to come. Think the 8 years of executive orders by the monkey boy and how they have been wiped off history in less than a year. Imagine lower courts making rational judgements and anything that gets to the SC being looked at by 6 or 7 conservative judges.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• https://www.vox.com/2017/11/7/…tion-results-state-senate

Democrats picked up 2 seats in the Georgia state legislature, too

A wave that’s bigger than Virginia.

Updated by Matthew Yglesias@mattyglesias[email protected] Nov 7, 2017, 10:34pm EST

Screen_Shot_2017_11_07_at_10.33.19_PM.1510111895.pngDeborah Gonzales campaign photo

As part of a larger wave of Democratic wins on Election Day 2017, Democrats picked up two seats in special elections held for Georgia’s House of Delegates.

Deborah Gonzales won House District 117 with 53 percent of the vote and Jonathan Wallace won House District 119 with 56 percent of the vote. Both seats are in the Athens area and both were vacant, hence the special elections. But not only were the two seats previously held by Republican incumbents, they were uncontested in the 2016 elections.

Superior Democratic recruiting in these kind of races is both a cause and a consequence of a national political environment that is now Democratic leaning. It’s much easier to get people excited about running for office when the climate is favorable, so the uptick in recruiting is itself a result of Donald Trump’s unpopularity. But it’s also the case that no matter how unpopular Trump is, you can’t win elections without fielding candidates. In 2016, Democrats didn’t have candidates in these races. In 2017 they did, and they both won.

The result in HD-117 should be particularly alarming for Republicans. Mitt Romney won it by a crushing 54-44 margin back in 2012. Donald Trump fared much worse than that, winning by just 49-46, but nonetheless winning. That’s a broadly similar pattern to what Jon Ossoff faced earlier this year in Georgia’s Sixth Congressional District. But while Ossoff failed to improve on Hillary Clinton’s narrow loss, Gonzales ran 7 points stronger than Clinton and flipped what had been an overwhelmingly Republican district as recently as five years ago.

In terms of practical consequences, the Georgia legislature remains overwhelmingly Republican, so losing two seats isn’t a big deal. But with Georgia as a whole being a state where Trump ran considerably weaker than Romney, Democrats are eager to take a big swing at the 2018 gubernatorial election and — if they can win it — have more influence on the post-2020 redistricting process and thus a better shot at the legislature. Special elections only tell you so much, but tonight’s wins bring Georgia Democrats that much more hope of winning a year from now.

• twat2... you know I am right... you would not live in any of the districts going blue. They have one thing in common.. there is white flight and poverty and crime. Look at any crime map by county.. tell me which is better to live in... red or blue? this is from the Washington post trying to make a case for safe democrat counties... well... not safe but... 'not as bad as some say' case.

The map looks very much like the election map. One can easily predict democrat 'victories' for state and local reps from it.

To me... this should mean that it is not just down evil peoples like myself throat but yours as well?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.