Gun Memes

• Me thinks the timing was just a tad off on that pistol.

This program is simulcast in broken English.

My goal is to be nice to at least 1 person a day. Today is not your day.

Let me know if anything I said has offended you, So I can offend you again.

• nope.. timing may or may not have been off.. look at the gun. it is an open top Colt reproduction cap and ball revolver. for those like elfie and razer who have no idea.. the big improvement in these black powder guns came in 1873

You will note that the part that has... uh... departed.. is the barrel bullet seater (look it up) section. this part is the part that is held on with a 'wedge" The wedge is driven into the frame (yeah I know but 1836?) and has a spring part that holds the wedge from coming loose.. it is not much.. Every time you take the gun apart it wears a little and.. with BP... you got to take the gun apart every time you have a shooting session. BP is dirty and will attract moisture/rust.. it also gets under the little leaf spring that sorta kinda holds the wedge from coming out..

If you don't pay attention.. the wedge will fall out and then there is nothing to hold the parts together. good news is that a new cheap and common wedge will fix the gun in the pic.

lazs

• Did they Photoshop out Buggs bunny with his finger in the barrel?

• Me thinks the timing was just a tad off on that pistol.

OR he forgot to put the wedge back in after a cylinder replacement?

which tends to make them old Remington's a slightly better pistol IIRC...

Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

• Yeah but revolvers never malfunction so....

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

• in light of all that has been said on the subject... Pretty sure revolvers can indeed malfunction.

lazs

Saving for later.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

• save your time. here are two examples of revolver fails. One is an old top break (weak ass gun) with squibs.. the other is a newish smith with a nasty overload.

A squib and an overload are not gun failures per se... but they do cause failures... you seriously do not want to see what happens to plastic guns that suffer the same 'failure'

lazs

• Ok.. can't resist.. here are just a few.. what you will notice dear reader is that when a plastic gun fails.. it generally sends nasty shrapnel into your hand.. while revolvers tend to take out the topstrap which.. can also be nasty if you are not wearing safety glasses.

lazs