Beware the Nov 4

• Like all recreational substances.. When used responsibly they pose no threat of harm... But it's very easy to let some of them get out of control.

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.

Celebrating those happy times when the penis is an internal organ.

• WAAYYY... too early.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I think that AA was a pretty good program at one time and did 'fix' people.. until the government got involved. I was completely clean for almost 17 years but now I drink and do a painkiller in the hospital from time to time.

Nobody really fixes an addict. An addict will substitute one drug for another. that does not make him not an addict. I handle drinking pretty well... least no one says I have a problem.. at my age tho? who cares?

Strange... watch out.. beet and the quisling will call you a criminal drug dealer. at least you didn't dodge the draft...did you?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Lazs is not wrong, this time. People trade one addiction for another. The ones who are successful allow the program to become the addiction.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I think God healed me. I have no desire for a drink or a drug.

Women on the other hand replaced booze and dope as my primary addiction a long time ago.

I also have no desire to spend the rest of my life in church basements with coffee palsied zombies. I have work to do and a family to raise.

• Theres an unwritten rule in AA/NA that you don't fuck the newcomers til they get a year.

The predators must have designed that one themselves, so they have no competition the first month.

Human fellowships are all flawed.

Cause humans...

• It was actually called the 13th step. If you had even 2-3 years and a job the new women figured you were an AA god. It was difficult to not take advantage in some cases. I actually went on one of the most fun trips ever with NA/AA.. this giant ranch in norcal. it had cabins that were like a storage shed but rustic redwood.. bunk beds.. communal shower and heads. One of the women there was the grand daughter of the owner.. it was really a dude ranch I suppose.. thousands of acres. gramps let his little girl have the place for a weekend. So for a very small fee all of us got to stay there all weekend. They had horses and would go out overnight and camp and the cabins were spartan but nice.. they did have a big rec hall with big TV's and such.. it had a 'chuck wagon' which was just good food like stew and such. they had several pools for swimming also.

I really enjoyed myself. There was hunting even but it was guided and pricey.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.