• In some ways hospice is like suicide... without the family pain or regrets.

lazs

Actually it's the opposite most of the time. They were the biggest opponents of assisted suicide back in the Dr kevorkian days. They want to keep you "comfortable" while keeping you alive as long as possible. Ofcourse they only do that so they can extract as much money as possible.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

• Hospice is often free. They don't actually do anything to keep you alive unless the family requests certain things.... least... that is how it works here. More and more people are saying that they choose hospice when their time is near.... mostly they are just drugged out of their minds till they starve.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• It depends... at some point you may not even be yourself. it is like watching an animal suffer at that point. out of their head.

lazs

• The glaring question is if they don't profit from prolonging ones life, then why did they fight so hard against "assisted suicide"?

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

• MONEY!!!!!

The Medical Machine only works if you drain the patients down to the bone, then they can say that there is nothing they can do for ya.

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• That would be their business model.

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

• I think they are against assisted suicide more for religious reasons. It's the only thing I disagree with them about. Other than that they offer a fantastic service. I couldn't imagine doing what they do everyday.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I don't believe it's either of those. Most of their work is in home or in assisted living homes. And from what I've personally seen they are for the most part low paid and unskilled. CNA's at best, no Hippocratic oath required.

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

• I don't believe it's either of those. Most of their work is in home or in assisted living homes. And from what I've personally seen they are for the most part low paid and unskilled. CNA's at best, no Hippocratic oath required.

well yeah. But the whole concept of hospice is dictated by the oath. Do no harm or whatever.

• It can get thorny.... some people who may recover are so depressed or so much in pain at the TIME that they want to die..... we all been there after say a good kick in the nuts right?

lazs