What the fuck is going on lately??

• The democrats wasted no time in calling for MORE GUN LAWS, even while it was going on. The dope dealer was a known criminal with multiple crimes on his record. What magic gun law would have prevented this? He was already breaking multiple laws. Some cities have proven the way to lower crime is to lock up the career criminals as they are responsible for most of the crimes. A leave the law abiding citizens alone.

• 0. Why?

Yes, that's my question.

These shooters are clearly trying to kill as many people as they can. Fully automatic weapons are more effective at killing a large number of people than semi-auto wewpons.

So why aren't these American Jihadis using fully automatic weapons?

Any of you gun-fetishists capable of answering a simple question? :ballgag

• Because one can not buy fully automatic weapons unless one jumps thru many many hoops.. Even the "Black Market" has a hell of a time finding "Fully Automatic" weapons. Only real way Criminal types can get hold of them is to rob a Armory.

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• I'll take a shot at it. Yes I know you're looking for the answer that there are not many available but that's really not the correct answer.

In reality full autos usually aren't the best for "mass killings" they are more of a suppression weapon and simply burn through way more ammo. They are typically hard to control and your average person would simply be spraying and praying. The truth is the one competent shooter with a semi could get way more rounds on target than Joe Shmoe with a FA.

And last, all these shooters are idiots. If you want to use an FA you can convert pretty much any AR with a piece of hacksaw blade and a Dremel in probably less than an hour.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

• Because one can not buy fully automatic weapons unless one jumps thru many many hoops.. Even the "Black Market" has a hell of a time finding "Fully Automatic" weapons. Only real way Criminal types can get hold of them is to rob a Armory.

Sorry, I missed this post. And thanks for your honest answer... unlike your fellow teabilly here.

So... you're saying that gun regulations have stopped these shooters from acquiring these demonstrably more dangerous fully autimatic weapons.

Now... take a leap of logic here... would similar restrictions be similarly effective on similarly deadly (though slightly less so) semi-automatic weapons??

I'm not saying I want these regulations... I'm ambivalent as with a lot of things these days. I'm just curious... are any of you capable of acknowledging that (A) gun control clearly has worked where full auto weapons are concerned and (B) similar laws on other weapons could in time be similarly effective?

• That's some pretty fair twisting and dodging.

But you know damn well that many of these shooters would be using full auto if it was available.

Could this be a case where gun control has... worked?? :buffalo

Ok so explain to me why someone wouldn't simply "convert" a semi to FA then?

But I knew where you where going from the beginning anyway. So here's some help for ya.

Approximately 117,000 privately owned FA's in the US right now.

Approximately 393,000,000 firearms in the US, more than the total population. Probably close to half would be semi autos.

How would any new type of gun laws going to reduce that number significantly?

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

• Unlike full auto's, there are MILLIONS of semi-auto rifles out there. I suppose bolt action with magazines would be next, then pump shotguns, THEN semi auto PISTOLS, THEN revolvers.... THEN sharp sticks...

• Makes the premise of "Red Dawn" ludicrous.

• dunno about a dremmel.i used hand files. never stayed that way. prefered semi auto' i liked to shoot straight'

full auto too noisy and used too much ammo wasted all my m193 ball and coudn't keep my ar fed with a lee handloder.

my experitming with a car 15 on full auto with 193 ball was mixed. de autoed it and went back to semi and used ss109. it punched a holes through 10mm plate steel at 50 yayds. tried sierra 69 grain projecties with an a2 and they were lousy.

the best accuracy i ever got out of an15 was with an a2 . gov shooters used them for pest control. they would cut the carry handle of their rifles and mount a weaver rail on the upper. from what i was told they were deadly.

• Reply to toad.

Pay attention comrade, it was just explained to you why full auto is not gun of choice.

Also most people do not know how to shoot a full auto, forget Hollywood, doing mag dumps wastes ammo and messes up the shrubbery.

I was taught to use 2-3 round aimed auto fire as 2-3 bullets are more likely to hit target also saves ammo. (post Korean era)

Suppressive fire is different, it is used to suppress enemy return fire, that is not what you want if the goal is to kill many, unless it is a mass attack by chi-coms then it's melt the barrels time.

• Twat. I think that most people who have shot full auto weapons know that accuracy suffers greatly. Most will switch to semi auto for almost every situation except just spraying to keep heads down.

I know several people with full auto weapons and they are completely legal and not that expensive... well... for an end of life thing..... One time I fired a Mac9 that was full auto... 30 round mag.... I was shooting at a refrigerator... In thirty rounds I hit the thing 3 times from about 25 feet... While basically not an accurate gun... I could put all 30 in a head size group at that range on semi auto... that is an extreme example maybe but true.

All full auto rifles are uncontrollable to a certain extent. some way worse than others. Look at our M14 for instance.

Plus.... you burn through ammo.... really burn through it. There are some examples of full auto fights... the bank robbery in los angeles with the two guys in body armor. They burned through 1500 rounds or so on full auto without killing a single person... injured 20 though They both were wearing body armor but both died.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• That's some pretty fair twisting and dodging.

But you know damn well that many of these shooters would be using full auto if it was available.

Could this be a case where gun control has... worked?? :buffalo

No. If you knew anything about small arms, and had any experience at all employing them, you would understand that fully automatic rifles are much less effective than semi auto aimed fire. F/A machine guns are weapons used to suppress in both defense and offense, which allows for maneuver warfare to happen at an infantry level. Full auto with a rifle = wasting ammunition, and you end up using more rounds per target in terms of lethality ratios. The only time F/A with a rifle/shoulder supported weapon is typically used is for final protective fire, to suppress an enemy in order to withdraw, or in an absolute emergency at very, VERY close range.

If I was unarmed and in a crowd, I'd prefer if a threat attacked me/us with a full auto rifle, it would mean we would have a higher chance of survival, as he would not only be missing more, he would be reloading more.

• Most police/FBI courses will teach that if you are faced with a guy with a submachine gun... another with a handgun and one with a shotgun..... take out the shotgun guy first.

Twat.... you make a great point tho.... unintentional I think but. First they highly restricted full auto weapons which... really were never a problem except for a few of the gangsters who really didn't kill all that many people.

Soooo... what did restricting em do? well.... nothing... and they are still around. Now... semi auto carbines with removable mags are the gun of choice for a couple hundred deaths a year tops.... millions of em are out there.... so you get rid of em...... and the shootings continue.... most shootings are handguns tho so... try to ban handguns? LOL... no.... they go for the low hanging fruit.

a few savy shooters use shotguns.... pump and semi auto..... ooops... so does every hunter in the world.... so they go after anything except a double barrel... but even then... the homicide rate stays the same and some guys with handguns start killing a dozen or so every once in a while.... soooooo... now you go after handguns....

This is exactly the way it is done in several other countries.... idiotic bans of one style of gun.... then another... Nothing changes except your goal of disarming citizens is reached.

And then.... you have to ban knives....england anyone?

lazs

• As usual Gman said it more succinctly than I but then... that is his life and real world experience which far outweigh mine. I say..."keeping their heads down" and he uses the real term of suppressing fire

Indy... I don't see it as a troll.... more of a 'gotcha now' thing. everybody does NOT know that full auto fire is less effective in almost every case than semi auto fire. I think he does now tho.

lazs