Do you have any friends...

• yeah.. real life ones. A shocking one third of all millenials say they don't have any friends.. this is crazy to me. About one day a week I have a day when no one comes over.. In fairness.....................I do have free beer and am not picky about coasters or shoes.. and there is no crazy woman.. When Janice is here? oddly.. the visits actually pick up. along with the hugging and such.

I blame smart phones and lack of a voucher system for education..........

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• And these make up the majority of the armed forces that some think wouldn't side with .gov if it came down to it.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

• I've got a few.

Same.

Most all of us have jobs and families that keep us from getting together as often as we like. However, if one of us gets in a jam, then any of us will be there to help.

That's what friends are to me. No long phone conversations or drawn out text strings about stupid shit... just people you know you can trust and count on.

• Not me. I never had many friends. Not too many people like it when I tell the truth. My closest friend from growing up tried to get me into some hard drugs, I told her to get bent and haven't talked to her since.

Post college my friends went to Texas, California, New York, D.C., Maryland, Virginia... Everywhere but here. The only close acquaintance I had got dragged into militant lesbianism, and I haven't talked to her much recently.

When I got a real job, 95% of the people working there were Boomers who couldn't afford to retire. Not anyone within 10 years of my age.

• I've a bunch of friends, but I've had one truly close brother/friend most of my life, and he's dead now. Now wife and a cousin remain in that capacity, I'm good with that

The story of modern America is a person at Starbucks with AirPods in their ears and a half-eaten muffin sending a tweet from their MacBook about why America sucks.

• I have friends from HS that still communicate with, see now and then.. One best friend I met while in the PO, who didn't work there but was the Hubby of one of my co-slugs. Can't say "worker" cuz she never did, finally got fired. We played professional Paintball, NASCAR races and Hunting. He lives in VA. As far as friends where we moved to? No. And that's OK also. Just us, and suits us fine.

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

• Friends come and go, all of my good ones are female now whom I met in the last ten years.

My old male mates who I had known for years had a big falling out with each other, I was kinda put in the middle so fuck that.

Then I moved to the city and that was kinda it.

I still talk to one of them, the one who got married kinda fell of the face of the earth.

A shame, we had some good times.

Im a pretty introverted guy, who does not even like to answer the phone when not at work, so I keep the circle small.

• I have quite a few. Some are even millenials. The millenials I work with are all excellent folk. My biggest criticism of them is they are too normal. We're used to more of an eccentric vibe. Of course, we get the opportunity to pick and choose which millenials we let in the game.

• I have a few life-long friends but we're all scattered thousands of miles a part. My neighbor, Karen, is my best friend. We just got back from the mall. She's a great friend - super smart and funny. We get along so well and we take care of each other. She would have my back for anything and I'd do the same for her.

I've always liked people and people have always liked me, but I keep most people at a distance. The ones I consider true friends are not a huge number, but they're my real friends.

• yeah.. real life ones. A shocking one third of all millenials say they don't have any friends.. this is crazy to me. About one day a week I have a day when no one comes over.. In fairness.....................I do have free beer and am not picky about coasters or shoes.. and there is no crazy woman.. When Janice is here? oddly.. the visits actually pick up. along with the hugging and such.

I blame smart phones and lack of a voucher system for education..........

lazs

I have exactly ONE friend that I have known for my entire adult life. he's a miserable old fuck, and I love him like he's my brother. which he really is.

• We rarely have people over. By the end of my workday I'm peopled out. And trust me.. I've had more that my quota of drunken idiots on the weekend.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Yeah... being married and working tend to take up most peoples time... Like I said... I got free beer and lots of tools and I can supply ammo. The friends that work will stop by at lunch or after work for a bit.... sometimes I go to my buddies shop and see the hot rods he is working on or he will ask me about this gun or that.

my place is messy and I am pretty much always working on something interesting. One guy actually brought over a leather recliner and coffee table... LOL.... his wife got all new furniture and he liked the old stuff so he has it here and sits in it when he is here. I don't even require coasters for your drinks.

Another guy... he says "I ain't touching nothing at Dorans house" LOl... my daughter gave me this lighter that looks like a gun... if you cock the hammer it makes fire... if you pull the trigger you get a hell of a shock.... he was first to find that out. Another time I had a knife or 6 laying around... this one was an out the front spring 'assisted' one. He was playing with it trying to figure out how to work it..... the blade shot out but was pointed at his gut and got him fairly good...

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)