Millennial Writer Cries at Work, Puts Mother on Speakerphone after Editor Corrects Her Spelling

• Fake.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• If anyone ever attempts to correct anything I write I break out the rules I learned in private school.

Such as never ever use contractions, never start a sentence with certain words and procced to tear them apart.

The response is normally "but that's only in formal writing and pretty outdated"

And then I dial up the stuck up Brit accent to 11, look them square in the eyes and say:

"There I NO such thing as INFORMAL writing! And I use the QUEENS ENGLISH!"

It is so effective they don't realise I broke a rule starting a sentence with "and".

Unfortunately it does get me into the thrust into the role of being being office proofreader and e-mail writer.....