State Gun Laws

• Seems to me that since Californians are restricted to buying ammo only in California that the sellers there would have to price match anywhere else or it would be a violation of the Interstate Commerce Act.

Commencing January 1, 2018, a resident of California shall not bring or transport into the state any ammunition that he or she purchased or otherwise obtained from outside of this state unless he or she first has that ammunition delivered to a licensed ammunition vendor for delivery to that resident pursuant to the procedures set forth in Section 30312.”

You are free to purchase ammo in other states as long as you do not bring it back with you. First-time violations will be infractions, after that its a misdemeanor.

• I headed for Las Vegas once. Only made it out to Needles.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Most law enforcement has said they will not enforce any of the ammo laws. I guess unless you had a whole pickup truck load of ammo without a tarp on it how would they even know?

I may go shooting today... guy is gonna call me. We will be shooting my handloads. I am getting to be much more popular with these new laws. I am going to spend time training a few people in the art and joy of handloading... it is addicting.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• One of the worst things about the law.... well.. there are several but... you have to have a gun registered for that caliber of ammo that the state so graciously allows you to purchase after a mile of red tape.

The only 9mm I own is old and I never had to register it back then....nor do I now.... except. I can't buy ammo for it I would imagine. Asked the store and they said that I would have to take that 9mm or any other one and have it registered so it would show up on the roles. LOL.... same for my 22 magnum.

It is a back door registration scheme to get all these old guns registered in my opinion.

The problem...for the state........is they have no way to deal with the mountains of paperwork they are creating. This law will collapse under it's own weight even if the various lawsuits against it don't get it first.

lazs

• Any article on Fox News regarding a shooting always draws out the statists who blame all the other states for allowing these murderers to get guns that their state would deny. Many are quite brazen in saying if we don't kowtow to them then they will eventually confiscate all guns. There are a lot of people who do think like this. Far too many.

• In Michigan if you fail to register a pistol after 10 days you can be subject to a $250 fine. There is no grace period. Now if you decide not to register a pistol at all and get caught the fine is $250.

See where I'm going?

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

• Only a matter of time before CA requires all firearms to have micro stamping the way things are going.

I'm sure it's already in the works.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

• I support ones in california and jew nersey.. don't like the politics of either state.. a win for either tho? is a win for us all.. Sorry if that is too obvious and uncomfortable.

lazs

i think you guys still have it a little better there than we have it here. at least you've got a couple normal politicians. even our "normal" ones are fascists.

• Just got a newsletter that said that New Jersey's may issue laws are headed to the SC... apparently several lower courts want clarification on if may issue is legal or not.

lazs

• Just got a newsletter that said that New Jersey's may issue laws are headed to the SC... apparently several lower courts want clarification on if may issue is legal or not.

lazs

we're hoping. that's cheeseman i think. he's been going at this for awhile now. we think that the magazine ban is going to make it there too.

• My point iS that making fun of NJ and feeling smug is a loser.. I contribute to groups who are working to make NJ a better place.. even tho it is no where near me.

Alabama digging in and laughing at you while saying 'it can't happen here' is both stupid.. short sighted and wrong.

lazs

• My point iS that making fun of NJ and feeling smug is a loser.. I contribute to groups who are working to make NJ a better place.. even tho it is no where near me.

Alabama digging in and laughing at you while saying 'it can't happen here' is both stupid.. short sighted and wrong.

lazs

understood. too many people in too many states feel that way. florida I suspect is close to being lost.....pa is scary close too.