Microprose, Wild Bill and Warbirds 2020

• ah started dying they day they started the dynamic forced arena splits. when we could not fly together anymore on squad nights (Thursday was the only day that worked for most of us) we had 3 full wings within 6 weeks we had lost nearly 80% of our people.

Yeah that and they started making it exponentially harder to capture bases so that little squads that did this kind of thing basically lost interest. Everything fell like dominos after that.

The best years were around 2005 or so - there was every possible kind of gameplay and it had something for everyone. You could do whatever kind of gameplay you wanted basically.

Also, the problem didn't lie in the server not being able to handle it, but rather the code couldn't handle it. The code was designed to scale up rather than scale out. Well, I don't fucking know either way, but that's what I suspect.

• "Titanic Tuesday". Usually 800 people on, warping, etc, happened more than usual, but it wasn't nightmarish, as I recall.

A clue to HT ought have been they had more people online on THAT day than any other

The story of modern America is a person at Starbucks with AirPods in their ears and a half-eaten muffin sending a tweet from their MacBook about why America sucks.

• Regarding DCS - as stated, a dynamic campaign is coming, as are larger server capacities. DCS just recently (this year) released a better/simpler dedicated server as well. Bruv119 and a bunch of "The Few" are flying DCS right now, in the Burning Skies WW2 server - Bruv is consistently in the top if not top of the score list right now. He told me he can never go back to AH3 now. Spotting is more difficult in DCS, a bit of a PITA, but the rest of the game is IMO better and more challenging than AH right now.

I'll believe Wild Bill's game when I see it. Who knows, maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise, but I doubt it.

• It's a bit dated at 5 years old. Is this thing supposed to be an MMO or small game round based like WT? UT4 Engine It doesn't have MMO scale network code native it's optimized for lower player count FPS. They'd have to license code from HTC or use an existing MMO network engine like SpatialOS or SFS2X

• It's a bit dated at 5 years old. Is this thing supposed to be an MMO or small game round based like WT? UT4 Engine It doesn't have MMO scale network code native it's optimized for lower player count FPS. They'd have to license code from HTC or use an existing MMO network engine like SpatialOS or SFS2X

Warbirds has always been an MMO