Sig Sauer P210A

• you would lose storch. I have shot an old P210... it was and still is.. .the most accurate 9mm I have ever seen or heard of. For a while the old ones were cheap. I wish I had bought a half dozen of em.

I imagine street price will be around $1500 and to me it would be worth it. for some reason me and the HP never got along. they are not near as accurate as the single stack sig. I believe that the sig (if this one is as good as the old one) is the only 9 that can shoot with a 1911 for accuracy.

The guns feel good and point well.. new ones have good adjustable rear sight. These are a pistol that will make you look good.

The swiss make great watches. they make great guns. they are not cheap but they are worth it. Another one they make is the CZ75 clone that I forget the name of right now. it looks like a CZ 75 and uses the same exact action but... it feels way better and shoots rings around a CZ..

If I seen a guy with one of the p210's I would be a tad cautious about shooting against him.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Pricey.

Looks a lot like a BHP.

Don't really need another 9mm.

$1479 is the lowest price I could find on it.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I applaud Razer for picking up where thruster dropped the ball. Your new avatar is outstanding!

• I got tired of waiting.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• razer has his uses.. he is the meme king.. he lacks any sense of humor other than that tho.. and.. I like that he confirmed my guess of $1500

Believe me.. if the gun shoots near as good as the 1949 ones that sold for $500 20 years ago.., it is a FUCKING BARGAIN..

This gun will shoot with a 1911 or a really good revolver.. I do not say these things lightly. I was sweating little drops of my blood in a contest with a guy shooting one. I was shooting a very nice Smith 44 mag gun. I think if he had been a better shot he would have won.

no other way to put it.. the gun will make you look good. My guess is that there is not another 9mm that even comes close accuracy wise.

lazs

• and.. sorry.. you would still lose. if you get a custom shop to do the work.. they may or may not do a good job for another grand or so. after you wait a year. Most likely they will send you back a whiny little bitch of a gun that is picky as fuck and jams if you cuss at it.

right out of the box.. that 49 swiss fucker shot better than anyone thought a 9mm could.

lazs

• I've posted here on the old site about mine, when I worked for Sig and when we became the Canadian distributors for Sig and Swiss arms, when we were touring their various manufacturing facilities, shops, etc (including RUAG ammo), we came upon a pile of newly redone police Sig 220 9mm with side and bottom mag release, a bunch of 226's that had recently been turned in and refurbished, some HK P8s they had for some reason, and finally a few dozen P210s all with their electronic test targets. Bought the entire lot, and flipped them for huge $$$ here in Canada later, but I kept a bunch, including several P210s.

Love to purchase a US made one too, probably will too. I'll dig out the factory test targets for the P210s. They shoot fucking darts, they are tested in a vice/gripping setup on an electornically scored range, just like the Swiss Arms rifles at 300m. The P210 25m targets...heh, some very nutso groups with NATO 9mm rounds that are required for their test procecures, IE no special defensive or whizzy high quallity ammo. There is an inverted white triangle in the center of the target, around an inch or slightly larger - almost every test target I've seen show all rounds touching, and some with the rounds mostly overlapping. VERY accurate 9mm auto, arguably the most accurate factory 9 out of the box. Obviously not an ideal carry or combat pistol, but a fantastic range pistol for training on long range semi auto shooting, plus, they're just plain cool. I REALLY like what I'm seeing with the new US P210, the grips and ergos look great, and from what I've read the machining and all that sounds great. Haven't spoken to anyone at Sig about them, but I'm going to. Good post, I'd not paid attention to this and was surprised to see the OP about them.

I've got three different grips, the ones we bought all came with the black grips, and I found some Swiss and Sig wood grips over the years, but I'm really impressed with what I see on the new US made P210 grip wise. If my hand likes it, and if they fit the Euro 210s (I'm almost certain they will), all 4 will be sporting that grip.

Posted on the old board that at the end of every service rifle/sniper even we would have by monthly at our 1000m range in Kcountry/Rockies here in Calgary, we would shoot at 100m with pistols at figure 11 targets, and the loser would have to buy dinner for the rest of us (usually Denny's or someplace cheap to keep it under a few hundred bux). I was disqualified from using the P210 after 3 times using it in this "event", as I would invariably be always in the top 3, or mostly top 1 with the 10 shot group we'd fire in this final course of fire for the weekend. Such a laser beam the P210 is, and when running high quality ammo, or just ammo it likes...look the fuck out, as off sandbags many times I've flown rounds through the same hole for 5 shot strings at 15 and 20m, and groups you could cover with a loonie or at worst a toonie at 25m all day long.

• What are your thoughts on Slams post about spending the money instead on a tune up for his hi power?

Ive priced it, about a grand total for the works.

• I reallllyy wanted a 220, until I held one side by side with a full size 1911....they'e about the same size, thus hard to conceal, and fairly redundant to me

Notice how Christine Blasey Ford was always referred to as Dr Blasey Ford by the media, but Vanessa Tyson who also has a PhD isn’t referred to as Dr Tyson by them
    We see you

• I still want a Lipsey 220 10mm. I got to hold one and that was all it took. It's simply not on the list this year, rifles are the next two, unless someone wants to sell me one for $500 then the rifle can wait. 😬

• Great post Gman. I can't imagine having a 'few dozen' p210's.. I have only shot a few and I think they are the most accurate 9mm on the planet. Some high end custom makers are doing 9mm 1911's and they might give em a run for their money but that is it.

An accurate handgun is unbelievably fun and satisfying to shoot. I notice the stock sights on the fixed sight ones is a patrige front. All of my most accurate handguns use that instead of a ramp. The Python being the exception. Ramp sights are hard for me to get a clear sight picture on. I do better with the skinny cowboy ones

So at the range.. I had the pre k22 old faithful 1936 Smith.. figured the new shooter might not like the bigger guns. She was happy to hit a gallon jug with it at 20+ yards and it is always a help if they hit something.. I haven't shot the thing in a while. but it was popping spent shotgun shells for me at that range

LOL on your 100 meter thing... Handgun shooters always come up with something like that. We call it the 'shot of the day' it can be one or a number of shots at any range but they have to be the most spectacular. I mean... if you put 5 holes in under an inch at the 25 yard line.. (never done that) or... hit a 1 liter water bottle at 100 yards with a SAA 4 3/4" that one I actually did... shocked me.

Sooo.. I got shot of the day and worst shot of the day both friday. worst shot of the day... I hit the fucking chrono.. well.. one of the supports for the sky screen.

But best shot.... So no one is doing much.. I did get two shotgun shells in a row at about 25 yards with the K22... but that is not really worthy... 6 for sure would I bet. Anyway... we move to the hundred yard line. My brother drinks brandy in those 1.75 liter plastic bottles... he saves the empties and we fill em with water and set all five of em out there. That is a fairly tough target for a handgun... 5 of em should last a while.

Soo.. my brother takes the Redhawk and my load of about 1250 fps with coated cast bullets and first shot.... water and bottle end over end spraying water as it tumbles... shit... first shot. first shot standing on your hind legs at 100 yards is worthy..

People have said I am 'competitive' actually I am just lazy. I don't try real hard unless I am almost forced. I have the 1911 in hand.. the government model about like the sig in weight and feel and sights. It is loaded with my cast and coated 200 swc bullets at around 1,000 fps. this is a stock off the shelf gun. 100 yards is a ways for it. First shot... bottle flies and water spews. second shot.. exact same thing.... rest of the mag is putting bullets into the dirt right under the dead soldiers... sooo I win... again

lazs

• Gman... I can think of three guns that your guys would have tried to ban from the competition... none are any more accurate than the sig.. not much more anyway... The Kimber has shot 1" groups off sandbags at 25 yards. Same for the 629 44 mag and the same for the Python. All of those guns would be hard to beat on a good day.

What is amazing to me tho is I got shot of the day with two guns that no one would expect (even me) the out of the box 1911 and the 4 3/4" Cimmaron SAA the sights on the SAA are... THIN For the Colt 1911 friday I held the sights right on the cap of the bottle best I could. When we checked both had big old 45 holes about an inch from the bottom. For long range that is why fixed sight 1911's are a challenge. With 230 ball I would have missed.. hit real low. even tho you know this it is still hard since in order to sight in high enough you are off the target (in this case the bottle) so you are almost guessing where the bottle is once you aim above it.

Oh... my first attempt at shot of the day was a horrible failure. But... would have been legendary I tell ya! I had the little Colt Vest Pocket 25 auto and attempted to hit a gallon jug at 100 yards how cool would that have been! Well... turns out that was asking way too much of me and the gun. I did get one round about 3 feet to the left of the jug LOL

It is funny how far 100 yards looks to a person when all you got is handguns and how it starts to seem doable after a few mags/cylinders

lazs

• Trick with fixed sights... lower the rear sight some on the front post... some of the older front sights had a serration or step look to em...

example if I want to hit a 100 yard steel target with a 1911 with fixed sights...

I lower the rear sight or raise the front... about half way.... while keeping the front sight at the six on the target...

if I do my part correctly the 1911 does it's part correctly... shootin at steel you will hear a ding sound and see it move...

least that's the way it works for me... :trumped:anchorman:derp:littlered:biggrin

Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

• Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

• wrag.. that is exactly correct. The first time I heard about it was when I first read 'Hell I was there" By keith when I was very young. Kieth actually had a few of his revolvers done with tall front sights with brass or gold wire inlaid at intervals.

I am sure that I mentioned it on the other BB that it is something I do also but that the 1911 but the 1911 with fixed sights (like most semi autos) is hard to do this past a certain point. In my case I could still see the bottle and aim at the cap. far easier to hold a 6 oclock on the cap than to raise the front sight an unknown height and try to hold it while holding 6 on the jug.

The 1911 and 45 acp in general has two problems for long range shooting.. one is bullet drop.. it starts to get real rainbowish real fast. the other is that the front sight is not tall.. you can't get much front sight up before it is out of the notch and you are guessing where to center it.

What does that translate to? depends.. the 200 SWC at 1000 fps is not too bad... say 200 yards before you are guessing.. the 230 ball at around 820? not so good but works fine at 100. Generally tho since I shoot farther than 150-200 sometimes I like to find some feature behind the target that is in line with it. Whenever possible.. I like my sight picture to be the same with the front sight centered and even with the rear.

the aiming point can be a dark spot on a berm. or a rock or a crook of a tree 500 yards away but in line (vertical) and the right 'height' to make a hit. in reality the tree may be 30 feet above your target but to your eye it is 2 foot. this is about the only way once you run out of front sight.

lazs