Should be getting my first paycheck tomorrow

• It's only going to be for three days, but that's more than my whole check from my last job.

I have 1 hour of overtime. California law requires that employers pay overtime for anything over 8 hours in a day.

I wanted to thank you guys for helping me out. I'm eating a sandwich right now because of it. Ziggy has food because of you guys.

I'm working at home doing online training so far. Probably will be doing this for the next couple of weeks at least. I need some certifications and I need to know all the requirements for servicing each account I cover.

I really love the people so far. I think they like me too.

I've been on a few conference meetings and interactive classes. Everyone is really good at what they do and they have great interaction skills. No duds or assholes.

My next paycheck will be in two weeks That will be a full paycheck with at least 8 hours of OT due to my schedule. Maybe 16 hours OT.

I work Wednesday-Sunday, but this week they had me in training on Tuesday, so this "week" for me is Sat, Sun, Tues, Wed, Thur, and Fri. I'm actually going to contact my lead to ask if he wants me to take Friday off because I'm not sure he's aware that I'm in OT. I don't want them pissed at me even though its not on me.

Anyway. Back to work.

• Gina, California changed the eight hour law to a max of 40 hrs. a week because people wanted the option of working four 10 hour days rather than 5 8 hr days. I think.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Here we go again.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I get OT after 40 (assuming none of those 40 were a holiday or personal day) Otoh, in 8 years, they never bitched about my 275-300 hours per year

The story of modern America is a person at Starbucks with AirPods in their ears and a half-eaten muffin sending a tweet from their MacBook about why America sucks.

• Gina, California changed the eight hour law to a max of 40 hrs. a week because people wanted the option of working four 10 hour days rather than 5 8 hr days. I think.

No. The current law is anything past 8 hours a day, anything after 40 hours a week and any hours on the seventh consecutive day, regardless of how many hours were worked.

My last job paid me OT after 8 too. I am positive this is the law in Ca.

• No. The current law is anything past 8 hours a day, anything after 40 hours a week and any hours on the seventh consecutive day, regardless of how many hours were worked.

My last job paid me OT after 8 too. I am positive this is the law in Ca.

I stand corrected- sorry bout that.

• WHO THE FUCK IS THIS FICA MOTHERFUCKER AND WHY IS HE GETTING HALF MY PAYCHECK??

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this