Nike pulls Betsy Ross/USA themed "Air Max 1 USA" shoe because Kaepernick complained about it. Arizona blocks them

• What complete bullshit.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news…tue-signaling-sneaker-ban

Today was supposed to be a good day in Arizona, with the announcement of a major @Nike investment in Goodyear, AZ.

[Nike was expected to build a new multimillion-dollar plant in the Phoenix suburb of Goodyear. The facility would employ more than 500 workers within five years of opening, according to a report in the Arizona Republic.]

And then this news broke yesterday afternoon.

2019-07-02_5-55-44.jpg
    Words cannot express my disappointment at this terrible decision. I am embarrassed for Nike.
    Nike is an iconic American brand and American company. This country, our system of government and free enterprise have allowed them to prosper and flourish.

Instead of celebrating American history the week of our nation’s independence, Nike has apparently decided that Betsy Ross is unworthy, and has bowed to the current onslaught of political correctness and historical revisionism.

It is a shameful retreat for the company. American businesses should be proud of our country’s history, not abandoning it.
    Nike has made its decision, and now we’re making ours. I’ve ordered the Arizona Commerce Authority to withdraw all financial incentive dollars under their discretion that the State was providing for the company to locate here.

Arizona’s economy is doing just fine without Nike. We don’t need to suck up to companies that consciously denigrate our nation’s history.
    And finally, it shouldn’t take a controversy over a shoe for our kids to know who Betsy Ross is. A founding mother. Her story should be taught in all American schools. In the meantime, it's worth googling her.

So, it's clear that Nike's "foreign policy" means ignoring 'the resistance' in Hong Kong (cow-towing to the totalitarian Chinese government who control access to all those middle-class Chinese citizens for Nike) but cowtow to 'the resistance' in America in a virtue-signaling extravaganza.

But, there is a silver lining as WSJ notes that at least some of the USA-themed shoes have already made their way to sneaker enthusiasts. Versions of the Air Max 1 USA were changing hands on sneaker-reselling site StockX for as much as $2,500 this morning, according to the site.

• What a shitbag Colin Kaepernick is. and fuck Nike for pulling the shoe.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/n…ck-intervenes-11562024126

After shipping the shoes to retailers, Nike asked for them to be returned without explaining why, the people said. The shoes aren’t available on Nike’s own apps and websites.

“Nike has chosen not to release the Air Max 1 Quick Strike Fourth of July as it featured the old version of the American flag,” a Nike spokeswoman said.

After images of the shoe were posted online, Mr. Kaepernick, a Nike endorser, reached out to company officials saying that he and others felt the Betsy Ross flag is an offensive symbol because of its connection to an era of slavery, the people said. Some users on social media responded to posts about the shoe with similar concerns. Mr. Kaepernick declined to comment.

• Kaperdick was supposed to be protestin "popo" brutality. Now it seems that he was just protesting America all along. Deoprt his ass to Somalia.

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Nike shit shoes. Do not care what they do or if the close doors.

2020, America's New Civil War.

If people do not display wisdom, they will crash like blind moles and then mutual annihilation will commence.

Hitler: "We will drown them in their own blood!"
    Stalin: "We will drown them in our own blood!"

Jong-un: "We will drown us in our own blood!"

Senator Elizabeth Warren, winner of the 2018 Rachel Dolezal Award.

Dems: "Tell us the truth"
    Barr: "There was spying"
    Dems:"NOT THAT TRUTH"

• Biggest clientele.

They will kill ya over 'em.

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

• I've been wearing New Balance for a long time. I like them because they come in wide sizes and are well made. Never knew they were considered old white man shoes until the Kaepernick controversy not long ago. Who doesn't want well made shoes that fit?

• The best made casual footwear are skater shoes. They're comfortable & hold together 10 times longer than brand name runners.

I gotta agree,I have 2 pairs 1 pair are about 15yo and I wear them most days the other are new about 5 yo and those I wear when I'm going out. My wife bought me a pair of sketchers,wasnt fussy on them and I said they cost too much until I put them on,been about a month and I havent worn anything else. Super lite and the memory foam is great,we'll see how long they last.

• So Nike does this shit at the behest of spoiled athletes and for some reason.... it is the conservatives who are haters and dividing the country?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Merrell shoes FTW.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020