Palmetto

• The basics. You have google just like I do ya crazy ol coot.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• People watching me shoot and you 'train' might have different opinions on which of us is the crazy old coot... especially if you open your mouth to explain your training and reasoning.

I know.... it sounds good when some guy with a shaved head and tribal tats is explaining it to you but....

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• To be serious... the main thing is to know firearms and enjoy em and.... have fun. I understand that not everyone who carries is like that... so some 'training' is warranted.

The main thing is to make it fun. New shooters I just want to know he basics of safety and gun handling and getting sights on. mostly I tell em to just use the front sight at first... I let em hit fun stuff like sodas at 15-20 yards.... you would be surprised how pumped up that gets em.

When they start getting cocky.... and you can tell.... I will hold the gun at hip level then turn to them and shoot a can... this is also fun for them and they want to try hip shooting. Which is basically just pointing your finger (barrel) at the target and pulling the trigger.

Always go small but it is best if there is something like dirt around the soda so they can see the hits. a few inches off in the dirt is still very encouraging. Aim small.. miss small.

Then move out to impossible ranges..... like 50 or so yards. it is of course not impossible but to them it seems so.... after a bunch of close misses they really hunker down.... you should see their face when they finally hit a soda at 50 yards with a handgun.

lazs

• *sigh*

People buy weapons then don’t learn to operate them in multiple scenarios. Operating a weapon using either hand is a good start. Reloading one handed or racking the slide using the back of your knee or the edge of something is another. Learning to shoot an attacker coming from behind (see the video I shared) is another. You can’t expect to do things that are unconventional without practicing. Even the simple stuff like firing supported, unsupported, prone or kneeling takes practice.

Using an AR with cheap ammo is great for all of that but eventually you’ve got to pick up a real weapon and make sure you can use it just as well. Don’t forget to practice with your sidearm, you may need it to get to your big gun.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Ha! That’s a Democrat gun.

• BTDT

• Buy something at Palmetto and give them your email address and you'll get about 10 emails a day from them. I suppose you can unsubscribe, no biggie.

You can't unsubscribe from the NRA, they have a dozen contractors calling you a dozen times a day. Give them fuckers money, they call you even MORE.

The story of modern America is a person at Starbucks with AirPods in their ears and a half-eaten muffin sending a tweet from their MacBook about why America sucks.

• You can't unsubscribe from the NRA, they have a dozen contractors calling you a dozen times a day. Give them fuckers money, they call you even MORE.

i cursed the bitch out on the phone so badly and described her sucking every available cock to such a great detail that they have never once called me again - i hated to be as nasty as i was but they were calling me every damned day - I mean every day

Amnesty lives - The wall died.

REMEMBER ALL OF THE VICTIMS OF THE CALIFORNIA TRAGEDY!!!

Nothing happened - they just live there.

• I am an NRA life member. about the only things I hear from them are the stuff they put in their excellent magazine which I think is one of the best out there.

I think everyone should be familiar with and have a degree of accuracy for the guns they own. The best way to do that is to go shoot em as often as you can. For most people this is fun.

If 'training for the end of the world' or for someone that you in no way can train for... is fun for you? then do that.

The main thing tho is to shoot. whatever way is fun for you that is what you will do. if that is shooting soda cans with handguns at 50-75 yards with a handgun then that is good... if that is shooting 70 rounds as fast as you can into a huge man sized target at 10 yards? I guess that is fine too.

If you think that one rifle that is slightly different than some other is gonna be the difference between life or death for you as a civililan? by all means... that is what you should have. confidence can not be under rated.

lazs

• Such a drama queen, learning to use a tool properly is a must. Doesn’t matter what it is, you need to be proficient with it in multiple scenarios.

If you’re ever attacked by soda pop bottles 50 yards away I am confident you will prevail.

• So I called Palmetto. Their policy requires dealing with the manufacturer for any "scope". Pissed me off but Vortex was very responsive. Got through right away, sent me a shipping label and they said a 5 day turn around. I unsubscribed to Palmetto's list but may still buy from them.

• RUMOR has it razer went to Tibet and took the following training course?????

any truth to this razer????? :biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

• lol

• Razer... I am the one who said the main thing is to have fun... you went all gluten boy on the guns and training thing so.... which of us is a 'drama queen' ?

And of course I would prevail if soda cans attacked me.... when I go by the soda section at the store they are quaking... Anything bigger than a soda can? hell.... I could probly hit it with your gun.

lazs

• Who left it to you to decide how people have fun with their guns?

I must have missed that meeting.

• I will say that they way you do it does not sound very fun to me. but heck.... woman next door enjoys digging weeds out of her lawn.

lazs