30 years ago today...

• The identity and fate of the man who confronted a column of tanks while only being armed with a shopping bag is still unknown. Known only as "Tank Man". If the Chinese authorities get their way even this will be forgotten.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• The identity and fate of the man who confronted a column of tanks while only being armed with a shopping bag is still unknown. Known only as "Tank Man". If the Chinese authorities get their way even this will be forgotten.

I'll bet the guys in the tanks were dealt with for not running him over.

• The incident has been erased from their history, no mention of it and you can get arrested for merely ‘googling’ the subject.

Chinese exchange student here was absolutely shocked to discover what’s happening in her country. She told her sponsor when she finishes school she’s staying here or somewhere else, not going back.

Poor kid, they’ll likely punish her wealthy parents.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• They wouldn't think of killing him these days as they are harvesting organs and t proves to be very lucrative... estimated over 300 000 "dissidents" (minorities etc) both in China and surrounding territory are harvested per year.....:barf

• One neat thing about the internet and all the video cameras/phones out there is that hardly anything stays lost.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• They have their own internet over there. Imagine Google run by the liberal democrats. Yeah, fucking nightmare.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• China seems to be trying to make every episode of Black Mirror a reality...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• They have their own internet over there. Imagine Google run by the liberal democrats. Yeah, fucking nightmare.

But Google IS run by liberal democrats?

The story of modern America is a person at Starbucks with AirPods in their ears and a half-eaten muffin sending a tweet from their MacBook about why America sucks.

• But Google IS run by liberal democrats?

• And Yet, the communist Chinese government is having to learn how to deal with the massive growth of Christianity within the nation. Public churches are permitted by the government, and membership within single churches can run into many thousands.

While the government sees the movement as a benign growth, private meetings within homes are forbidden. Nevertheless, they continue to flourish and spread. The cultural change, in the long run, could be monumental.

The growth of the movement is exponential. If the current rate of expansion continues China will, within the next 20 years, be the largest Christian nation in the world.

Coercive collective action in the name of the greater good not only is immoral—who decides who has the gun?—it also is destructive of human happiness and ruinous of human potential.

• Yes but will they crusade against the mohammadans?

They won't have to. The Chinese government isn't afraid of using its nukes...

Coercive collective action in the name of the greater good not only is immoral—who decides who has the gun?—it also is destructive of human happiness and ruinous of human potential.