I Hate Yardwork!

• None of you know me, I'm new.

Family flies in tonight from Davao, Philippines via Singapore, L.A., Detroit...

I left a month ago to come back and make money (I sorta made money).

Hired a lawn service while I was overseas. They did a GREAT job!

Normal men just pick a day and mow.

Not me! 3 weeks after being back in Charlotte, I finally went out into the backyard. WTF! The Mesa over the hill was knee high.

So I've been mowing

And mowing

And mowing.

Wife is a rage-o-holic. Figure I have about 2 hours labor inside and outside to do before she lands.

Yeah, I'm a pussy.

Question is, why does the thought of a 100 lb Filipina broad screaming at the top of her lungs give me chills?

Can't wait to hug my kids.

• When my wife gets like that I create a Cuban Missle Crisis in her mouth. YMMV.

Shes a damn good woman. Takes motherhood way too seriously.

Honestly, I wish I could get her to relax...shotgun some JD on Friday nights or something.

There's two types of Filipinas.

1) loose as a goose

2) Catholic and uptight.

I married a 2.

• Uhh, I know that. WestPac 1975. Lots of guys married #1 that once stateside became #2.

amazing transformation.

Happens when women become wives, 87% of the time.

I'm a 20 year cabbie. I interview every married man I transport.

Oh to have been in the 13 percentile...

• I'll bet it's hot and humid as fuck out there cutting that shit.

Bass_Tard, you say you're new to FW?

Yeah I joined the old site a few months back, posted a few times and balied. Got your email and figured what the hell?

I'm not mowing til 20:00 hours. Way to hot and humid.

• I see your lawn mowing and raise you rock moving. Where are all the illegals?

?

Moving rocks like that it a the fucking worst! It's hard to get them into a shovel.

Climate warming has always been a good thing. When the climate gets warmer, life thrives on earth. Global warming has always been a good thing. I thank God for global warming. Climate alarmists are fucking retarded.

• Cutting brush sucks ass hard. Mowing a decently kept yard is almost zen. The noise of the mower and proximity to actual work means no one is likely to fuck with you for the duration of the process. A great time to be alone with your thoughts.

• I'll move those rocks

The worst job I ever did was fill an entire back yard with river rock. We told the lady it was going to look BAD, but she insisted.

So we put tons and tons of river rock in her yard, then we removed it all a couple weeks later.

There was no way to get even a Bobcat back there. You basically have to pick up those rocks by hand.

Climate warming has always been a good thing. When the climate gets warmer, life thrives on earth. Global warming has always been a good thing. I thank God for global warming. Climate alarmists are fucking retarded.

• somebody gave me a brand new all wheel drive push mower a few weeks ago. Grass just became my bitch.

Also, what a fucking wonderful gift.

You is a lazy bastard, aint yah? You just look'n to get out the easy way.

What do you want, a TV on the god damned thing?

• Sometimes I listen to prog...like Dream Theater while I mow.

I hate earbuds. I need a decent set of over the ear headphones.

I can't stand earbuds either.

I have three sets of headphones. One expensive set for listening to mixes (mostly so listen for sub-bass in the mix) and two sets for recording.

These are pretty good for overall listening. Maybe slightly on the bright side though. I have very good hearing though... and I hear all that high frequency stuff.

Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.