plastic headlight covers...

• so sue me.. I never owned a car with em before.. the really do suck tho. The ones on the 06 Impala were so cloudy I was surprised that light got past em. Friend gives me this mickey mouse kit that is supposed to buff out the cloudiness. It comes with sandpaper mostly and some plastic polish.

What I did was use 1500 wet dry sandpaper and then a cloth buffer with white rubbing compound after that. There are still cracks/craze marks in the things but.. they are now clear. Took me about a half hour even fucking around. new ones are only about $100 but still.. it would take a half hour to remove and replace.. so.. you know...

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• What is this, the dark ages?

Clay. Bar.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Grit on plastic, nothing good can come from this.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• so sue me.. I never owned a car with em before.. the really do suck tho. The ones on the 06 Impala were so cloudy I was surprised that light got past em. Friend gives me this mickey mouse kit that is supposed to buff out the cloudiness. It comes with sandpaper mostly and some plastic polish.

What I did was use 1500 wet dry sandpaper and then a cloth buffer with white rubbing compound after that. There are still cracks/craze marks in the things but.. they are now clear. Took me about a half hour even fucking around. new ones are only about $100 but still.. it would take a half hour to remove and replace.. so.. you know...

lazs

i use a kit at the shop. it's essentially using course'ish discs, moving finer with each step, till i'm using a sponge disc with polishing compound. every one i've done looks brand spanking new when i'm done.

• Meh, she just got herself a 97 XJ, just trying to polish her Chevy turd for sale.

New owner can get new buckets.

Just use the bug spray trick. Doesn't last long but it'll make them look good till someone buys it and takes it home...

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

• Meh, she just got herself a 97 XJ, just trying to polish her Chevy turd for sale.

New owner can get new buckets.

I'm guessing that's a Jeep and not a Jag?

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• #1 yeah... started with wet 600 but not sure I needed to do that.. they were really cloudy after that.. went to 1000 grit wet (5 gal bucket of water) and they still looked pretty bad.... went to the 1500 cause that was the least abrasive I owned. still looked pretty bad... used the white rubbing compound and the buffer on a cordless drill and they started to clear up. They were really bad tho.. some of the weather checks look like they go all the way through.. But now they look very serviceable.. the car is no beauty anyway.

Clay bars... I have em.. they would be good for removing bugs and road film.. not much else.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• This is not something we have to worry about here. The cars rust in half before the headlight lenses start getting cloudy.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I always either drown my oxen in the river or died of dysentery...

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• huh?

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.