So I get a call from SS..

• Social security never calls first off. The recording says there is some 'criminal activity' on my Social.... and to call back... I am curious so I call back. The woman in some heavy accent I can't identify says she is with Texas branch of SS.... I listen (making her repeat over and over) and she knows who I am... where I live. She tells me anything we talk about will be 'confidential' I start laughing.... "lady... I have no idea who you are so that makes no sense"

I ask over and over if they are a part of the federal government social security... So then she says that if I don't want to handle this with her....... She will turn the info over to the local police dept. I tell her that I know everyone there and that would be fine with me.. in fact... I tell her I am gonna call em myself.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• My mom got the "your grandchild is in jail. Send money to get him out."

She said call back in 5 minutes and came to my house.

When he called back I told him I was going to tie him up and torture his wife and daughter while he watched.

He profusely apologized for having called the wrong number and hung up.

• LOL mom.. So I call my dad to warn him of the scam... He and my mom live in a retirement community in Az.

He laughs and tells me that the old folks there have heard every scam on the planet and have a network of people warning everyone the instant a new one pops up.

LOL... he said some old woman would call the 'committee' and say "there are some people coming over to fix my roof' or whatever cause she fell for it before she seen the warnings... a bunch of old geezers show up in golf carts with AR15's in the rifle racks.

lazs

• :laughter:popcorn

• Scammers have no conscience. My neighbor -a few years ago-recently widowed got caught up in the Nigerian scam. She was super lonely and prime target. I don't know how much she sent but then the email came that her lover was injured on his way to the airport and needed $xxxxx dollars to survive. She was a wreck. Then when she finally accepted it was a scam she became suicidal, called me, I took the pills from her, the rifles and booze from her house, called the cops, they took her away for a day. She HATED me long time. She's good now, but they really messed her up.

• I was worried about my folks who are 89 and sharper than say... flailing clown... but they laughed and said they have the old folks network... now... they talk to each other while swimming or working on hot rods or making jewelry or whatever. There are like literally dozens of clubs and activities they can do.

lazs

• I stopped a bunch of Elderly sending money with the "Canadian Lottery" scam at the PO. My Mom had Alzheimer's and I finally told her to never answer the phone unless it was one of the Kids. Put a big sign on the phone. Lowlifes know no bounds.

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

• Yeah well,

I've got a pretty old number and being self employed answer pretty much whenever it rings.

That makes me a pretty desirable piece of data in the scam world. Been getting calls from credit card services probly 20 years now. Been torturing them about as long. My staff gets a kick out of listening when they call. But now they're wise. They can usually tell there's a problem pretty early these days and poof. Sometimes they start to answer then hang up without even trying their pitch. Gotta wonder if they recognize the number..

But in all seriousness, steer clear of AARP.

Those assholes are all about marketing data and they have no filter who they sell it to. It's a pretty fair bet that if old folks get solicited by some senior specific scam, they provided the crooks with the info.

• I stopped a guy from a Craigslist scam a couple years ago. Had his car for sale and the guy calls and tells him he's in the service and deployed so he'll have a couple buddies come pick it up with a cashiers check. Didn't even haggle on the price, he was all excited till I explained the scam. The CC would be a really well done fake and it would take the bank days to catch it and when they did they would pull the funds from his account. If he had withdrawn them he would be liable, meanwhile his car would be long gone. I told him the easy way to ensure it wasn't a scam was to tell the guy to have his buddies bring cash. If he couldn't trust them with the cash they shouldn't be picking up a car for him.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

• My mother gave up all her banking info to a phone scammer- then she called me, so I picked her up and went to her bank and sure enough there was a pending withdrawal scheduled for midnight. We got her a new account, and I told her if it happened again I'd pull her phone's cord out of the wall.

• My mother gave up all her banking info to a phone scammer- then she called me, so I picked her up and went to her bank and sure enough there was a pending withdrawal scheduled for midnight. We got her a new account, and I told her if it happened again I'd pull her phone's cord out of the wall.

I've removed so much malware from my mother's computer I stopped keeping track. Every time I told her how she probably got it. Every time it was "oh, I'll sure never do that again". The last time I let my brother handle it. He just bought her a new computer.

• I have had a couple where the fuckers can't even speak English...I had one number that would ring and on cell you can see it is from a computer so I leave it...one day though I had heard they like to have you call back...and some how they get you that way.... so I answered.... and as I say...couldn't ...or should say didn't want to speak English.... I ended up getting pissed off...Only spoke for 20sec or so....but it ended with an expletive laden racist vitriol.... then oh so sorry wrong number..... stupid then is.... they called back 5 mins later.... no talk that time just click..... never another call...

My old man kept getting calls from the windows help desk... stating the computer on this line had a very serious security issue and they would help him fix the issue.... he had it a few times even though he didn't even have a pc attached to the phone line.... anyway one time I was there and he said he was not to familiar with the computer and he would put his son on....they tried to say oh we can help you and all the shit they do.... in the end he gave the phone to me..... good morning senior constable Paul Mathers here .. how can I help you....click

• We get the people calling about the recent traffic accident...

It depends where I am, if I'm busy I'll just hang up, if I'm not I'll ask which one, and how recent, then go on to talk about as many traffic accidents as I can grandpa Simpson style until they hang up in exasperation..

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.

Celebrating those happy times when the penis is an internal organ.

• Spkmes, haven't had one of those PC problems calls in awhile and that was for several days in row. If I have nothing to do will string them along just to waste their time. The week long blitz by them ended when I told the Paki she had a sexy voice and we should get together so I could fuck her doggie style. No answer as she hung up.

• A few years ago I got a voice mail from an Indian fella. Said I owed the IRS like $8500. Weird thing was, I had just made a quarterly payment in a similar amount. I was working as a 1099 contractor at the time so I had to pay 4 times per year. At first I thought it was legit. That stuff pisses me off.