Good morning!

• I got to say.. there are times that I miss Los Angeles.. that deserted beach in Hermosa reminds me of some of the times I went to the beach 40 or so years ago. Great days happen wherever you live. I bet storch has a day or two without love bugs attacking him!

The snow bear country guys have a perfect day once in a blue moon..

My buddy came over before work.. it is rainy and cold (65) but I made him a cup of coffee and we cleaned our new Black powder revolvers.. We were bitching that the rain might make the dirt roads not usable.. but my other buddy called and said... "it is raining.. lets go shopping for guns" shit.. just what I need huh?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• today is virtually a day off. My 9am and 1pm appointments are only battery swaps..... and they are a co-located office. So they are actually both in the same building and in the same office. The battery backup unit will probably be right next to each other.

So what I can do is do the first one at 9 a.m. and then call in my automated system and reschedule the other one for 9:30 a.m. and then be out of there by 10. They're pretty strict about adhering to a schedule but they do allow me to adjust them if I need to.

So it'll be another day and Hermosa Beach. It is raining though.

I'm thinking about launching a cosmetic business. I've already researched the packaging and have my first product.

• Well..... almost every day is my day off but..... it s rainy today and freezing cold... maybe 63 degrees! Soooo I have no excuse to not fix the spring on my garage door.

Shopping went as expected. Sportsmans Warehouse has every fucking thing in the word for my guns.... so that sucked. I also might buy this hideous California compliant version of the Ruger AR... ugly as fuck but funtions well... the sale starts friday and the guns will be $489 soo... burn up my CC yet again.

lazs

• Worse.... there are like an acre of gun stuff. there is every reloading supply and tool..... one whole wall of shell holders!

Plus they had a nickle plated 1911 military in 38 super! I don't even reload for 38 super... but they have dies and brass and bullets and even some bullet molds for that caliber! I could buy a set of our lady of Guadalupe scrimshawed bone grips for it.... I could buy.........

No wonder I never have any money.

lazs

• I like the way you think.... I am gonna try and get a 'California compliant' AR at the Sportsmans warehouse memorial day sale today.... got to get there early...

lazs

• I like the way you think.... I am gonna try and get a 'California compliant' AR at the Sportsmans warehouse memorial day sale today.... got to get there early...

lazs

I really have no use for it. Thinking about doing an 11.5" pistol build... maybe... someday...

For $42 after tax and shipping I figured "fuck it, why not have one on hand".

lazs

So what exactly makes an AR "California compliant"? Does it have something to prevent inserting a standard mag?

• Iron... that is the odd part. It is exactly like any other Ruger AR... except... it has no flash hider or bayonet lug....It will take any standard magazine.

What is weird in the extreme and ugly in the extreme is the rear stock/pistol grip. The stock is not adjustable and the area behind the pistol grip is filled in with this very thin like plastic plate thingie. It makes the PG and stock sorta kinda one piece.... ugly as all fuck.

lazs

• Iron... that is the odd part. It is exactly like any other Ruger AR... except... it has no flash hider or bayonet lug....It will take any standard magazine.

What is weird in the extreme and ugly in the extreme is the rear stock/pistol grip. The stock is not adjustable and the area behind the pistol grip is filled in with this very thin like plastic plate thingie. It makes the PG and stock sorta kinda one piece.... ugly as all fuck.

lazs

Was just reading up on it. Looks like it can have a detachable mag if it is "featureless" as you described or it can have a pistol grip if the mag is "fixed".