chump wants to raise taxes on Americans yet again

• Yeah?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• i-mean-you-too_o_903638.gif

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• You did have slave labour conditions there but liberals fixed that.

Nope. It was a mess until Henry Ford came around, and introduced business in America to the concept of paying your workers enough so that they also become your customers. That idea was somewhat slow to gain traction with other businesses, but eventually it caught on that strong consumers make for a strong economy.

• Nope. It was a mess until Henry Ford came around, and introduced business in America to the concept of paying your workers enough so that they also become your customers. That idea was somewhat slow to gain traction with other businesses, but eventually it caught on that strong consumers make for a strong economy.

I have to fundamentally disagree with you Frode.

What you are describing is "company store" economics. They did that in the factories and the shipyards and mines for generations. Sixteen tons and all that.

That doesn't make for a strong economy, that makes for a wage slave class.

We aren't fucking slaves.

• Furthermore...

So many guys will say, "I make a great wage with great benefits and I don't need no fucking union".

Well that's all well and good, except that if your offshore overlords weren't afraid of you taking your talent to an outfit that will pay and benny you to that extent, they'd pay you peanuts.

So, by extension you non union guys are benefiting from collective bargaining and you are too filled with hate to know it. Prevailing wage and all that...

• yoyos are a lot of fun...

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• There was indeed a time when unions were needed and did a great service to the country... there then came a time that they simply fucked everything up and were part of a vast criminal conspiracy...

Now? we should embrace the good they did in the past but they are not needed... they were often the reason there were no jobs or work... or that companies left. there has been an adjustment period.... I think at this point the roll of the union is no longer needed.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• The threat of collective bargaining is still necessary. If you don't think .corp would take us back to the days of the robber barons if they could you're a special kind of stupid.

Having said that, any business that allows/gives reason for their labor to organize has signed its own death warrant.

Alas, take care of your people and you don't have to worry about it.

• Good point sluggo but even that has evolved. what we have now is professional negotiators. Basically they act like a 'judge' they look at the numbers from both sides and recommend a settlement.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• communist labor unions are purely parasitic entities

Treat your people as shitty as you like and reap what you sow.

• so, I start a business and an outside org with zero money at risk should be telling me how to run the joint and what the people I will pay should make and what their duties are? ridiculous.

Amnesty lives - The wall died.

REMEMBER ALL OF THE VICTIMS OF THE CALIFORNIA TRAGEDY!!!

Nothing happened - they just live there.

• so, I start a business and an outside org with zero money at risk should be telling me how to run the joint and what the people I will pay should make and what their duties are? ridiculous.

That, or... Treat your people right and don't worry about it.