Julian Assange arrested in London .

• Bottom line: Assange knew it was classified information when he took possession of it and distributed part of it to the intardnet/press. He HAS NO excuse...he was guilty of espionage.

Coercive collective action in the name of the greater good not only is immoral—who decides who has the gun?—it also is destructive of human happiness and ruinous of human potential.

• February 20, 2019

Ecuador inks $4.2 billion financing deal with IMF: Moreno

QUITO (Reuters) - Ecuador has reached a $4.2 billion staff-level financing deal with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), President Lenin Moreno said on Wednesday, as the Andean country grapples with a large fiscal deficit and heavy external debt.
    The country will also receive $6 billion in loans from multilateral institutions including the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, and the CAF Andean development bank,

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ecuador-imf-idUSKCN1QA05Z

well well...

• What crime?

Theft through reception/possession of stolen goods. Receiving classified documents which NOBODY has a right to unless they have government clearance. Don't be thick.....you know the government doesn't play around about this sort of thing....and Assange knew as well.

Coercive collective action in the name of the greater good not only is immoral—who decides who has the gun?—it also is destructive of human happiness and ruinous of human potential.

• No I can't because it's a sealed indictment. Your fascist state won't even say what they're accusing him of. They just want him.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• TOTAL coincidence

renowned climatologist Bill Nye — and by climatologist, we mean guy who takes pictures of the Weather Channel on his TV and posts them to Twitter as proof of climate change.

• If and WHEN he ends up in US custody all of that will be made public at his trial. Except for any information deemed to be too sensitive by national security.

By the way, they have sufficient REASON to want him. His revelations endangered national security and our operatives in the field. Assange is a bright guy....he KNEW what he was doing. Your sympathy for him is misplaced...

• He exposed DNC (or helped to expose) the DNC always smears with sexual assault charges when they try to discredit them. Think Kavanaugh. Not saying he's a bag of potato chips, just that those allegations are always suspect when it suits hillary. The assault charges were dropped without trial before being revived a year later.

• We might finally find out where he got the emails from

renowned climatologist Bill Nye — and by climatologist, we mean guy who takes pictures of the Weather Channel on his TV and posts them to Twitter as proof of climate change.

• If and WHEN he ends up in US custody all of that will be made public at his trial. Except for any information deemed to be too sensitive by national security.

By the way, they have sufficient REASON to want him. His revelations endangered national security and our operatives in the field. Assange is a bright guy....he KNEW what he was doing. Your sympathy for him is misplaced...

I read some of the files, I didn't find anything in them that wasn't already known just not MSM.

• Those charges were dropped. Crazy Swedish communist feminists. Two women found out he was doing them both... And yes I do believe a person should be considered innocent until proven guilty, and those charges are frightening to say the least. If Assange can be extradited from the UK to the US for violating US law while not being in the US; an internet crime as you put it, then you and I are subject to UK hate-speech laws whenever we post about Beet here. Think about how insane that is. The US/UK extradition treaty works both ways.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Ok... I actually believe that Trump does not know much about Wikileaks... or didn't anyway... When he said he 'loved wiki' it was at rallies.... he was pretty much making a joke. He is an entertainer and plays to the crowd. The crowd loved it when he would say that. He was referring to one thing only that wikileaks published

Now? the guy is charged with hacking into a classified puter. I doubt that 'Trump' wants him so much as Trump's justice dept wants him. They most likely had to tell Trump why they wanted him.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• One thing that strikes me curious is the book he's holding while being dragged out of the embassy. Gore Vidal's 'History of the National Security State'.

I get he's a fan of the book, but he's been handcuffed then allowed to grab this particular book while being dragged out. If I was handcuffed I'd find it hard to present the cover face out for the cameras.

book

It almost makes me think of Bolton and his foolscap notepad.

• Yeah.. not getting why you would run from the sex charges if you were innocent and the country it happened in is known to be very lax on sexual stuff.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• It doesn't matter if the charges were dropped. He should have gone there like a man instead of running to go hide it in an embassy. Personally I just think he's a disgusting little weasel and I'm biased against him because of that. I don't even like his little weasel face

Well at least you acknowledge you're biased.