cleaning guns ...

• Crystal was talking of cleaning a shotgun for the first time. I may have tried about every way to clean a gun that exists... some stuff works... some is a waste of money... and some a waste of time.

One constant. pretty hard to clean any gun without a worn out toothbrush.. they just work. Sooo.. my son shows up.. he has a toothbrush that is electric.. which .. I use an electric but this one is the same size as a normal brush.. It is battery operated with no recharge.. they last like 30 or so hours probly. They are cheap as hell.. like $8 for two.. so I get like 4 of em and try on some gun stuff.. don't turn em on till you get near what needs to be cleaned cause they will throw solvent. But damn.. they do a great job.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I was pondering cleaning the M1. I have mebbe 500-600 rounds total fired thru it, have never touched the gas chamber, never pulled the plug even. (The rest is clean enough to eat off of)

renowned climatologist Bill Nye — and by climatologist, we mean guy who takes pictures of the Weather Channel on his TV and posts them to Twitter as proof of climate change.

• I would not worry about the gas system. it is on splines and the more you take it apart the worse it is for the gun.. It is also stainless steel. it is fine.

You can take out the plug. The splines are also the front sight.. sooo. fucking with em is not a great Idea.

In fact? the first thing I do with an M1 is remover the sight/gas system and peen the splines so that they are hard to put back together. THEN sight in the gun.

lazs

• I don't mind cleaning guns at all. Removing the gas cylinder on a Garand tho is not a great idea.. it wears the splines which makes the gun less accurate

lazs