New pistol time...

• thanks.. enjoy your plastic gun. i am sure the grand kids won't be too mad at you when you pass that thing down.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Great bang/buck, a couple schools I know are running TP9 variants HARD, and are very impressed so far. Sand bag that biatch and see how tight you can group it.

Great factory trigger by all accounts, 20 round mags available that fit pretty flush, good sights, for the $ a great handgun.

• Want ATI shorty 1911. must convince Barb I need it. I usually use the Colt 380 as my carry, and I deftly remind her now again that it isn't up to snuff

Propaganda is a manipulation tool focused primarily on emotions. It has little to do with truth or facts and everything to do with persuasion and motivation.

• I don't really need or want another 9mm... My Browning BDM is plenty. and it has gotten some use lately cause the kids kinda like it and I have to load 9mm for the carbine anyway. I have 3 1911's if I get another one it would be the Cimarron cause they look so cool or.... a very high end semi custom like a Wilson Combat. The Browning is actually thinner than the 1911 except for the grip which is about the same. it takes 16 round mags. It is also DA/SA or straight DA your choice with a switch on the side.

I like the Cimarron cause it is pretty true to an A1 and is highly polished with REAL nickel.. they also have a highly polished one in blue that looks like liquid blue.

https://www.cimarron-firearms.…-acp-5-barrel-nickel.html

https://www.cimarron-firearms.…hed-high-luster-blue.html

but the BDM is pretty much forgotten. history fucked it. you can still get em for around $450 used.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I didn't have a 9mm in my collection. So I went to the shop that I frequent and looked at every 9mm pistol they had.

It came down to 4. Sig p320 rx, M&P C.O.R.E., Glock MOS, and the the Canik tp9 sfx.

He didn't have a Walther PPQ Q5 and those are like hens teeth or so I'm told. The common thing with all these pistols? Optics ready.

I can honestly say the sfx has the best trigger of the bunch. The fit and finish is on par with the others and it feels good in the hand. Would I have gone with the Q5 if one was available? I admit to being a Walther fan boy. The Q5 trigger is supposed to be superior to the others in it's line... or so I'm told. It's price tag is 300 to 400 more than the Canik. I can't justify that price difference for a polymer pistol. Heck the p320 rx is the same price as the Q5 and it comes with the Romeo optic.

• Hey Lazs, does a S&W revolver come with a green plastic "QUALITY" seal ? Didn't think so.

I kid, I kid... I've heard good things about those guns especially for the price. Just make sure you clean the garlic sauce out of the bore before shooting.

• 400 is a lot of ammunition or magazines. Or, a dot optic. I’ve read so many great things about that trigger, glad you’re liking it.

The trigger is almost 2 stage. There is some take up. Which is a bit mushy but then you hit a definite wall. That wall breaks fairly clean. Very un-striker like. I'm off tomorrow I'll try and run down the pond and run it a bit.

• I didn't have a 9mm in my collection. So I went to the shop that I frequent and looked at every 9mm pistol they had.

It came down to 4. Sig p320 rx, M&P C.O.R.E., Glock MOS, and the the Canik tp9 sfx.

He didn't have a Walther PPQ Q5 and those are like hens teeth or so I'm told. The common thing with all these pistols? Optics ready.

What does "optics ready" mean? I would think it means an optical scope of some kind. I'm curious how that works on a full slide upper semi-auto pistol. Does it clamp the the lower rail?