more accurate?

• so there to the person that has tried to get us to switch to a chew toy pistol over a 1911 type!

table-1-three-9mm-pistols-accuracy-brad-miller.jpg

https://www.shootingillustrate…-in-three-different-guns/

Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

• Trigger... is important. Some guys can shoot a smith double action better than single action. Not me.. But Smith triggers on single action are not as good as they used to be. But still......

Anyway... I would toss away any smith that shot average 5.5" groups.. unless that is 50 yards... Course that is 9mm and to me? they have never been accurate in any gun except a sig. they for sure are not made for revolvers... a bad combo.

One other thing that the chart does prove.... is that guns like what they like for ammo. WHICH is why... you need to bench rest your gun/ammo combos. For us handloaders it is even more important as we can cut groups in half over some factory ammo.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Oh... the 1911.... not a laser beam in stock military configuration but.... even with the horrible military trigger of around 7 lbs or so it had a great break.... A normal new military 45 acp 1911 was expected to shoot 3" groups with any military 230 grain hardball.

lazs

• Ya know what? I think you are right. never seen a revolver that was that shitty for accuracy.. having said that.....with a little judicious reloading and.....

Soooo.. here is my high round Kimber worn out 1911.. this is 25 yards with select hard cast bullets I cast.. good 200 grain swc at 950 fps...

lazs

• I have said this before but I am lucky, I can 'learn' and remember different weapons triggers easily. A smooth, straight linear trigger squeeze is as important as a steady hand.

After a few magazines I can shoot a gun with a shitty trigger about as well as any other although some are so bad that it becomes a challenge.

Amnesty lives - The wall died.

REMEMBER ALL OF THE VICTIMS OF THE CALIFORNIA TRAGEDY!!!

Nothing happened - they just live there.

• I used to think that was true for me too before in a way but mostly I bench test loads and trigger makes a difference. It really is hard for me to benchrest a gun with a crap trigger. Overtravel is more important than pounds.

lazs