Puerto Rico

• seems that the unbiased media wants everyone to think that the trump admins response to maria and how badly she fucked up puerto rico is....well...fucked up. and disorganized. and slow. yet there's this.......admittedly i'm copy/pasting from another board....but this is the truth of the matter.

::::::::::::::

In the days ahead of the impending landfall of hurricane Maria on Puerto Rico, the Trump administration sent more than 1,000 federal agents to survey the island, already stricken from Irma, to plan for the worst as Maria tracked for a direct hit on Puerto Rico. DHS, FEMA, USN and USCG were among the major US assets deployed two days AHEAD of Maria's landfall.

Cutting it close, most of the US emergency preparedness teams fell back to a safer place on CONUS just hours before landfall. The first rule of lifesaving is "don't become a victim". With a plan in hand, all they could do is sit and wait for the disaster to happen and respond when it was over. They were as prepared as could be for the impending catastrophe, but nobody could have foreseen what was about to happen.

Over a period of two days, the island was relentlessly hammered by winds of 160mph, knocking out nearly 100% of it's infrastructure. The entire island lost power, most roads were impassable, airports destroyed, shipping docks obliterated, communications out, flooding washed away homes, bridges and streets, a major dam with 70,000 souls downstream was about to burst, hospitals were barely operational. The only thing I can think of that would be more devastating is a nuclear bomb.

The same night (9/18) that Maria demolished the island of Dominica, President Trump issued emergency declarations for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, ordering "federal assistance to supplement the response efforts of the territory.". A warning by PR's Public Security Secretary Héctor Pesquera was to the point: “Flood-prone areas must be abandoned," he said. “If not, you will die.".

The Government is in constant communication with the White House and federal agencies since before the passage of Hurricane Irma last week,” Carlos Mercader, the governor’s representative in Washington, said in a statement. “We will continue to collaborate with our federal partners. We are preparing for a powerful hurricane that will put even more pressure on our infrastructure, already deeply affected

It was only through the grace of God, and thousands of man hours preparing ahead of the storm, that only 16 lives were lost. Considering the scale of destruction, it verges on miraculous.

The storm came and went.

Hurricane Maria Response and Relief Operations Underway

Release date:

September 21, 2017

Release Number:

HQ-17-131

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) top priority is to provide life-saving resources to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, while aggressively working to gain greater access to disaster affected areas.

Federal coordinating officers and other FEMA personnel are on the ground, coordinating with the governors of the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, and their respective emergency management agencies.

18 US Federal agencies were deployed as of 9-21-17. https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2017/09/21/hurricane-maria-response-and-relief-operations-underway

Once the scope and scale of the disaster was assessed, more federal resources were deployed.

Federal Government Continues Hurricane Maria Response and Relief Operations

Release date:

September 23, 2017

Release Number:

HQ-17-136

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) continues to coordinate federal support for U.S. Virgin Islands’ and Puerto Rico’s response efforts. Federal partners are aggressively working to meet and overcome challenges to opening ports and restoring power to bring additional life-saving commodities and personnel into disaster-affected areas.

https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2017/09/23/federal-government-continues-hurricane-maria-response-and-relief-operations

23 Federal agencies were involved now.

On 9/21, The President confirmed (during phone calls) with the Governors of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands

that the Federal Government has been actively preparing its response to Hurricane Maria even as it continues to support the States of Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, and all the communities affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.

Two hurricanes of historic proportions, in as many weeks, wrought devastation across the American South and her Caribbean territories. It would be an understatement to say there was a lot going on in the federal government.

From Fox News

9/23 - Federal aid ($1B USD) began pouring into Puerto Rico on Saturday, welcomed by local officials who praised the Trump administration's response to the devastating effects of hurricanes Irma and Maria. The opening of the island's main port in San Juan allowed 11 ships to bring in 1.6 million gallons of water, 23,000 cots, dozens of generators and food. Dozens more shipments are expected in upcoming days.

By now it should be abundantly clear that the Trump administration was putting forth a tremendous effort to help Puerto Rico. Then this happened.

Carmen Yulin Cruz, mayor of Puerto Rico’s capital, San Juan, gave voice to rising anger on the U.S. island territory as she delivered a sharp retort on Friday to comments from a top Trump administration official who said the federal relief effort was a “a good news story.”

“Damn it, this is not a good news story,” Cruz told CNN. “This is a people-are-dying story. This is a life-or-death story.”

Acting U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Elaine Duke, head of the parent department for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), said on Thursday she was satisfied with the disaster response so far

Yes, Puerto Rico is FUBAR. We know that. That's why we sent over ten million meals, that's why we sent 10,000 troops, that's why we sent temporary cell towers, that's why we sent 180 Sat Phones for your leaders, that's why we set aside 12 Billion dollars for aid, that's why we sent water, drugs, doctors,...... etc...

The Trump admin sent in the cavalry, even though our resources were already stretched thin. We, from the mainland, gave big. We gave from the federal government, and we gave out of our own pockets. I have personally seen about two dozen boxes packed with food, water, diapers, cleaning supplies and other basic necessities collected and shipped off to PR from the place I work.

Not only should we be happy about the help we are giving our Caribbean cousin, we actually have the right to feel good about it. What kind of jack wagon lashes out at the hand that is extended to pull them out of their misery.

YES!!!!! We know you need help. We are giving it. So sorry Mayor Puta that PR was not rebuilt in three days. What an ungrateful pendejo the Democrat Mayor of San Juan is. She just had to go and politicize the relief effort in a most pathetic way to try and make our Republican president look bad. THIS is why republicans don't like helping democrats, because no good deed goes unpunished.

• ok.. since we are talking about women here.. The Trumpsters old lady is hot huh? what a relief from 8 years of the tranny ape woman huh?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I can't believe you, MNN. Jesus.

That bitch that runs PR out yapping about Trump trying to politicize the disaster. Real fucking classy. Typical liberal cunt.

Climate warming has always been a good thing. When the climate gets warmer, life thrives on earth. Global warming has always been a good thing. I thank God for global warming. Climate alarmists are fucking retarded.

• You can't believe I made a comment about the wall of text? Hell, it was funny to me. I did not say a word about the story, the subjects of the story, nor about the poster - just the GREAT WALL OF TEXT.

You branch chumpidians are a thin skinned lot, much like the whining orange tard himself

Amnesty lives - The wall died.

REMEMBER ALL OF THE VICTIMS OF THE CALIFORNIA TRAGEDY!!!

Nothing happened - they just live there.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mr No Name ().

• Overly dramatic bitch is just doing this to get some face time.

I read a report with other mayors that say she isn't attending the meetings with responding agencies. Also, I heard on NPR of all places that the response has been overwhelming... the problem is that the infrastructure has been so decimated that getting the supplies to the interior is the main issue.

Of course, she's a brown female, lgtbqxyz supporting drama queen so the media has made her their darling for the weekend.

• Overly dramatic bitch is just doing this to get some face time.

I read a report with other mayors that say she isn't attending the meetings with responding agencies. Also, I heard on NPR of all places that the response has been overwhelming... the problem is that the infrastructure has been so decimated that getting the supplies to the interior is the main issue.

Of course, she's a brown female, lgtbqxyz supporting drama queen so the media has made her their darling for the weekend.

yea. i could quote more from that other thread....and pictures...like the one of her standing in front of a wharehouse full of stuff complaining about nothing coming in. but it seems she doesn't wanna participate in those meetings, and then complain when she's got no clue as to what is actually happening. from what i'm reading there's literally tons of stuff there to help those people....and the puerto rican govt is the hold up.

• Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• The GOVERNOR of PR has been quite complementary of our response, as have several mayors. This cunt is taking the Kathleen Blanco playbook and running with it.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.