Still loving my job!

• Most plans have an annual out-of-pocket maximum, so what you would owe that year would be capped, usually at less than $10K.

The ACA was originally supposed to set a standard for out-of-pocket maximums for all private plans, too . . . but given the number of rules they've changed or outright ignored, I wouldn't hazard a guess as to whether everyone's plan actually has them.

Brauno in a previous life, followed by LTARget. E25280 on the Forum.

SWtarget in last AH in game incarnation.

"Proudly drawing fire so my brothers may pass unharmed."

Brauno in World of Tanks.

"What is, is. What was, will be. What will be, was, but will be again." - Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter

• I did not know that.... a cap on 10k is actually not as bad as I had imagined.. still... if there was some upgrade that did away with that it might be a lot better. I show up at the doctors with a medicare card which.. they pretty much sneer at.. and then my blue shield card and everyone is all smiles. It is a relief for them for the paperwork I have been told. I only go to the doctors every ten years or so tho.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• 10k would not help anyone.. but it is at least doable... now.. have that happen for more than one event? and you are in 'fuck me' territory.

lazs

• What ACA DID, was to make private plans cover fewer and fewer things, to cover the costs of the NEW shit companies were forced to cover.

In 2010, I had to go to the emergency room, get put under, to get a piece of steak out that had been blocking my esophagus for 2 days. (hiatal hernia) The got it out, did the procedure that widened it....cost me $200. Shit would set me back $20k now

Notice how Christine Blasey Ford was always referred to as Dr Blasey Ford by the media, but Vanessa Tyson who also has a PhD isn’t referred to as Dr Tyson by them
    We see you

• 10k would not help anyone.. but it is at least doable... now.. have that happen for more than one event? and you are in 'fuck me' territory.

lazs

With my wife? We're fucked @ 10k.

I've found credit cards that are maxed that I had no idea she had to the tune of over 10 grand. When I found them I checked her transactions and found she'd been paying bills with the cards (wtf was she doing with the coin we made???) and once they were maxed she'd keep them maxed by buying snacks, sodas, Starbucks etc etc with what little she paid off with the minimum payments each month.

Things have gotten better in this department since I found that stuff and confronted her, but...god damn.

• Must be some sweet poontang.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• We had a six grand deductible for Steph and after she broke her wrist and then had to have another surgery it saved us about 200 grand. I can dig up six-ten grand, but 100 grand would put me into bankruptcy.

• If you were a Mexican, wouldn't cost shit

Notice how Christine Blasey Ford was always referred to as Dr Blasey Ford by the media, but Vanessa Tyson who also has a PhD isn’t referred to as Dr Tyson by them
    We see you

• Well, I'm flexibly paying off my shit. They're being good about it, not even charging interest

We see you

• I think it was 3 years ago we were paying almost $1,000 a month for 80/20 and they raised it to $1,200 and we bailed. Haven't had it since. Looking into catastrophic coverage (like only $10,000 and above) because I believe it's not illegal anymore. When ACA was enacted it was illegal to carry catastrophic and not a normal plan.

• Alas, at this point in our lives, one of us is going to a doctor every few months. Barb fractured her fucking foot a few weeks ago splitting wood barefooted, fortunately the walk-in had an $80 cash special

We see you

• Typically... when one has no insurance or is underinsured ... run up a huge bill let the threats come and then settle for about a quarter or a third.

lazs

• Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018