Who likes shotguns?

• Ok.. so I am no shotgun shooter by any means.. mostly I am into cut down defense shotguns. bedside guns basically or trunk guns with buckshot.

I have... a muzzle loader side by side percussion 12... I have an 870 Remington made in the 60's and a Winchester model 97 made in the 30's and now.... a Remington model 11 made in 1912

The model 11 is a Saint Browning design.. it is one of the first if not the first semi auto shotguns. Winchester did not want it so FN bought it but then Remington got in the act calling it the model 11 Complex by todays standards but.. they made 800k of the things. so value stays in the 300-800 dollar range. this one is middle of the road deluxe with checkering and a german silver bead but not fancy seems gently used for the year.

Traded some watches for it.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Short vid... one minute.. well within FW attention span.. here is how it works. John Browning was particularly proud of this design. My rifle which is a model 81 in .300 Savage works exactly the same. This is called 'long recoil' which means the barrel moves backwards.. crazy huh?

lazs

• I only have two shotguns at the moment. One is a Chinese made H&R Parner pump in 12 ga. that I bought in like new condition from a pawn shop for $150. That ugly piece of pipe and plastic is a beast.

The other is a 1950s era Belgium made Browning Sweet Sixteen. Loaded with high-brass 7 1/2's it is the best squirrel gun ever made. In addition it has accounted for about 30 deer. Since my dad carried it it's beat all to hell...but it still works.

Coercive collective action in the name of the greater good not only is immoral—who decides who has the gun?—it also is destructive of human happiness and ruinous of human potential.

• Phatzo What drives the bolt back is the recoil from the fired round... the the barrel and bolt stay locked together for a bit and the entire barrel recoils backwards several inches. there is no gas system at all. The springs for the barrel and the bolt are both stiff and push everything back into battery after ejecting the fired round and then picking up a new one.

At this point I have more shotguns than I ever have had and never really shoot em.

lazs

• My favorite just might be my Shapleighs King Nitro in 16ga. It's a beat to hell old single shot. When you shoot it the foregrip falls off, but my Dad bought it off an Illinois State cop, it's cut down to fit in the front of an old cop car... it's got some dude's initials carved into the stock and it's missing the buttplate... and it takes a serious thumb to cock the hammer back...

But dammit, I bet that old shotty has seen some interesting scenarios.

• I have some nice ones but really never shoot em. I might have my brother show me how to hit clays with this one tho. I do better on clays with a handgun.

lazs

• Not in the least saying that there are not better shotguns.. what is amazing is that when I ran the numbers on this gun... it was made in 1917-1919... this gun is 100 years old.

You can take the fore end off and make an adjustment to the compression rings for light loads or heavy loads. takes about .... 30 seconds? anyway.. set for heavy loads the light loads of today still function just fine.

If you want to spit out buckshot or slug rounds fast... 5 at a time.. For ...................100 years........this is the gun for you. The saiga? Nice.. firearm.. will it still work 100 years from now? we will see.

lazs

• My favorite just might be my Shapleighs King Nitro in 16ga. It's a beat to hell old single shot. When you shoot it the foregrip falls off, but my Dad bought it off an Illinois State cop, it's cut down to fit in the front of an old cop car... it's got some dude's initials carved into the stock and it's missing the buttplate... and it takes a serious thumb to cock the hammer back...

But dammit, I bet that old shotty has seen some interesting scenarios.

My favorite is a side by side 16 ga. It's a Savage, sold through Monkey Wards 100 years ago. The 24 inch barrels and that wide sighting plane make it a fantastic gun for nearly anything you can hunt with a shotgun.

• The problem with 16 gauge is that it is an oddball today with ammo more expensive and less choices.

lazs

Difficult....but not too difficult. Walmart won't carry it...but other sporting goods stores do. Academy...etc.

Coercive collective action in the name of the greater good not only is immoral—who decides who has the gun?—it also is destructive of human happiness and ruinous of human potential.

• Hey, look. He went and some hoppes.

We seen this garbage, already.

You're getting better at pivets, tho.

edit for convict