Nuke - 2020 Ford Exploder

• I know you like the Explorers from past posts. Quick look at the new 2020 Ford Explorer. I like it. Be interested to see the ST performance model for sure if it gets 400+hp. Drove the little Fiesta ST once, great little car for the $ IMO, I bet the ST team would make a very good Explorer. GM has their new performance Yukons/Tahoes now, the RST line, so the competition is going strong now from Ford with their ST line moving into the SUVs too.

• Yeah, I really do. I'd get one over any other vehicle.

I'm not fond of the dash or instrumentation though. I like round gauges... they can have digital displays, but I like the round gauges with analog looking readouts.

• Are you still driving for the ride sharing company?

Do SUVs this size work ok for that kind of gig?

I just got a job and and I'm going to Illinois Monday for training.

The SUV is okay for for Uber....when you get the X rides you get more money, but generally no. Not good.

• I'd take a Tahoe over an Exploder.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Heh... I get it.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• They don't call em exploders for nothing.

lazs

I'm a Ford guy and that is truth. Their front end assemblies on the 4 wheel drive models have been shit since the beginning. I owned a late 90's one and currently own a 2014, it's the last one I'll own.

• I'd go with a Tahoe.

• My Tahoe has been great. one sensor went out and like all chevy trucks only one running light ever works at a time but.... hey.... big and comfy with a great drivetrain.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• and like all chevy trucks only one running light ever works at a time but....

lazs

You have no idea how many times I have given GM engineers shit over not being able to figure out why their running lights burn out so quickly. It's obviously a wiring issue but their response is always "that's not my part of the program".

• my Savana van NEVER has a headlight last more than 6 months

renowned climatologist Bill Nye — and by climatologist, we mean guy who takes pictures of the Weather Channel on his TV and posts them to Twitter as proof of climate change.