I'll be in ice bear country Monday-Thurs. Need advice.

• I'm going to be in Illinois Monday -Thursday. I don't have any warm clothes. At all. I checked and it's 16 degrees there right now, with highs around 29. I get chilled to the bone and my feet get cold when it's in the 50s.

I don't anticipate being outside too much.

Basic questions:

Is a wool peacoat warm enough? What do women do for the legs? Tall boots over what? I want to be able to take the coat off and not look like a whore with the boots....

I need to find some kind of coat and I'm thinking boots?

• Keep your head and ears warm.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Lazs is not wrong. For once.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Were are you staying, will you have time to sightsee?

They still haven't given me my flight info or itinerary, but I found out I'll be in Bloomingdale. I'd probably only have nights and maybe some time on Thursday before I leave. I think the actual training is only Tuesday and Wednesday.

Is Bloomingdale close to anyone here?

• To be fair... the way your sister does it is not offensive to me.. . course... I smoked for 30 years... 3 packs a day... I honestly do not let it bother me.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• To be fair... the way your sister does it is not offensive to me.. . course... I smoked for 30 years... 3 packs a day... I honestly do not let it bother me.

lazs

well it really bothers me to be anywhere near where someone is smoking, The girl I was dating smoked. She was discrete about it, but I didn't like it at all. I've been that way my whole life, only now my sense of smell is 100 times greater.

• Fucking Bloomingdale... yuck.

It's a shitty, shoebox suburb that sprung up close to the airport... full of corporate offices and warehouses. The good news is that you aren't far from a METRA station. Hop the train and head downtown, but bring your walking shoes.

The bad news is I go back to work Monday, else I'd head down there and show you some shit.

• No idea how that works.. but I never noticed anything about Janice that bothered me.. she mostly smoked while I was asleep or gone.. she brushed her teeth and took a nice hot bath before we were.. well.. anyhow.. It was no big deal. Sheesh.. I was more worried about working out or working in the yard and stinking.. I know I don't sweat a lot and do have good hygiene but we all worry.

I actually told Janice to go ahead and open a window in the car and smoke.. long trips.. even rest stops are not enough for a smoker.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Fucking Bloomingdale... yuck.

It's a shitty, shoebox suburb that sprung up close to the airport... full of corporate offices and warehouses. The good news is that you aren't far from a METRA station. Hop the train and head downtown, but bring your walking shoes.

The bad news is I go back to work Monday, else I'd head down there and show you some shit.

haha! Okay. I'll just stay in the hotel and take a hot bath and do drugs. Thanks for the thought though!