I'll be in ice bear country Monday-Thurs. Need advice.

• oh, I have an hour layover in Dallas. Both ways.

Shitty airport, hot chicks

Notwithstanding the vast number of illegal alien valedictorians, there are also criminals, drunk drivers, drug cartel members and desperately poor people consuming government services meant for the least among us and driving down the wages of our working class.

• Wait... Bloomington? Holy shit... you're fucked. You sure you want this job?

That's like... corn country and shit. You'll be able to hear the banjos from 30,000 feet.

I guess you are one of those Chicago-centric know-it-alls who thinks everything south of i-80 is Arkansas?

gg, pay no attention to Mr. Chicago. There are definitely worse places in Illinois you could be going. Like Chicago and most of Cook county. Most of the rough spots in Bloomington are populated by those who fled South Chicago.

Best thing about Bloomington is that it's almost Normal. Normal is home to Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan. There's usually plenty to keep yourself occupied no matter what kind of occupied you wish to be, even if it is something as dumb as going to the first Steak-n-Shake location. Between the two cities the total population is about 130K, so it isn't the wasteland HaterFace wants you to think it is. It's also headquarters to a tiny little insurance company called State Farm, which only has a measley 18% market share of all auto insurance in the country.

By the way, if you ask for a recommendation of where to eat, a lot of people will recommend Avanti's (italian). I was never a fan. Portions are big, but I never considered the flavors to be anything special. But in a college town where portions are as or more important than actual taste, it got the job done.

If you want that Chicago-style deep dish pizza, I believe there is a Giordanno's there. More than half the students at the universities are from the Chicago area, so there's likely other places that cater to that kind of food if that's your fancy.

Brauno in a previous life, followed by LTARget. E25280 on the Forum.

SWtarget in last AH in game incarnation.

"Proudly drawing fire so my brothers may pass unharmed."

Brauno in World of Tanks.

"What is, is. What was, will be. What will be, was, but will be again." - Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter

• Yep, typical Chicago-centric hater. It's a chain and outside the Loop, so it couldn't possibly be good.

I dunno. I googled "best chicago deep dish pizza" and the top three that came up were Giordano's, Gino's East and The Art of Pizza. So I guess because it's Google it can't be trusted.

Here's another opinion.

https://www.seriouseats.com/20…ish-pizza-in-chicago.html

Favorite Downtown Option: Giordano's

An oversized deep dish pizza from Giordano's

Oh, and another:

https://www.timeout.com/chicag…eep-dish-pizza-in-chicago

Oh, and another:

https://www.smartertravel.com/chicago-deep-dish-pizza/

So, whatever, Haterface. If you like Chicago-style deep dish pizza, sure looks like a contender.

And it's available in Bloomington, which was the point.

Brauno in a previous life, followed by LTARget. E25280 on the Forum.

SWtarget in last AH in game incarnation.

"Proudly drawing fire so my brothers may pass unharmed."

Brauno in World of Tanks.

"What is, is. What was, will be. What will be, was, but will be again." - Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter

• There are great pizzas all over Chicago. I like a few places in Cicero because that's what I know best. There was one place on like 16th north of Cermak that I frequented, they ran 1930s comedy like wc fields laurel & hardy shorts like that.

In my opinion chicago pizza is second to none

• Had it... hated it. The sauce is gross, in my opinion and there is no meat.

Numero Uno or Gino's is the best pie. If you're feeling adventurous and want to go through the ghetto you want to go to the Homerun Inn. If you want a chain pizza get a Rosatti's.

• There are great pizzas all over Chicago. I like a few places in Cicero because that's what I know best. There was one place on like 16th north of Cermak that I frequented, they ran 1930s comedy like wc fields laurel & hardy shorts like that.

In my opinion chicago pizza is second to none

You are thinking of Papa Passero's Pizza. Lou Malnati's is another great one.

• That looks like shit.

• Oh, don't exclude trying the thin crust, the crust is crunchy, unlike the New York which is a soft crust this crust you can hear when you bite in.

Very true... there are considerations to take though.

Never, ever walk into a pizza joint and order when they've just opened. It takes a while to get those ovens fired, and if the cook staff got fucked up the night before... well... they didn't come in early.

You get a pie from a cold oven and it will be soggy as fuck. A respectable cook would never, but... kids these days.

They don't take offense if you tell them "no rush" and then have a couple drinks. In fact, that pretty much guarantees you extra toppings at no extra cost.

• Chicagoans are serious partiers and consumption of intoxicants of sundried nature is the order of the day. That said I've never seen it affect the output.

Avoid the niggers though they have lost all semblance of training. They require a very heavy hand and it is probably majorly complicated with the proliferation of cameras now.