Star Trek Discovery

• I was lamenting this - 12 years with no Trek show, and with the social justice PC culture of today, I felt there was no way a new show, a Trek show especially, wouldn't be filled with that kind of bullshit.

Pleasantly surprised, perhaps even a bit shocked - it's as close to Deep Space 9's war seasons as anything else, even better. They did a great reboot job with the Klingons, I liked everything about both new episodes. There was a slight - very subtle, bit of PC stuff inserted, a line or two about the Federation and its multiculturalism being a threat to the racist ways of the Klingons, but it was very, very minimal. I thought it'd be the inverse of what I saw on that score. The Vulcan relationship and actor was great too. All the other actors were fantastic too. This is going to be great IMO.

• I was surprised too and happy to see the rumors that the show took place in the "Mirror Universe" was false. It's a shame though that CBS is moving the show to their streaming service, not sure if I want to pay $6 a month just to watch one show.

“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official.”

• If there were no commercials I might.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I was surprised too and happy to see the rumors that the show took place in the "Mirror Universe" was false. It's a shame though that CBS is moving the show to their streaming service, not sure if I want to pay $6 a month just to watch one show.

We're getting it on Netflix here, you guys may be lucky too.

• We're getting it on Netflix here, you guys may be lucky too.

Not in the States, it will only be available through CBS All Access streaming service. Internationally it will be on Netflix.

“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official.”

• So how do I trick Netflix into thinking I'm in Australia?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I use PayPal?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Glad to hear that Gman. Stuck on a cruise-ferry at the moment. Looking forward to watching it on Netflix tomorrow when I get back home.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• I think it has potential. It'll never have the same appeal as TOS... but could be ok.

Though it is another Star Trek- Affirmative Action.

George Papadopoulos: convicted felon.

Michael Flynn: convicted felon.

Rick Gates: convicted felon.

Paul Manafort: convicted felon.

Michael Cohen: convicted felon.

Roger Stone: arrested :crybaby

Tick Tock: motherfuckers.

• It's true, there is affirmative action involved, having 2 female Starfleet humans fighting hand to hand with 2 Klingons, and winning 2 to 1 is complete BS, but every show does this now, women defeating men who weigh 2x as much and are 300% stronger. Ridic, but that's TV now.

Getting Netflix in other regions - I've been doing this for 5 years, as the Canadian Netflix catalogue until this year was 1/3 the size of the US region. Any decent VPN will let you do it, DNS as well, Astrill is the company I use the most. I have a few VPN subs, but Astrill has the most regions that haven't been shut down by Netflix, every country in the world they have at least one server that works for Netflix. Finland, UK, Ireland, Australia, Japan - every catalogue has something the others don't, and I have them ALL. So can you for 6$ a month for a good VPN.

Netflix can't limit your account based on credit card nation of origin - as per license agreements if you're traveling, you have to view the Netflix region you're physically located in, not where you're subscribed, so they can't shut you down that way. Hulu does, but they only offer US residents subs, but I have gotten around that and others too with US addresses and gift cards.

If anyone wants a VPN let me know, I think I get a decent discount for anyone that I hit the refer button for, I pay about 6 dollars US per month when I pay for it yearly IIRC, and it's a fantastic VPN, works for Netflix/etc in every region, and is the fastest I've seen, I get 4 to 5 megabytes/sec download from average places, and can max out my connex in the high teens on Steam with it on still, like 17/18 meg/sec.

• Not in the States, it will only be available through CBS All Access streaming service. Internationally it will be on Netflix.

That's some bullshit right there. We're being discriminated against...

• I don't need to see it now, I'll wait, someone will hack the feed and offer it.

Or I could just watch it next year on a rainy day.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• It's true, there is affirmative action involved, having 2 female Starfleet humans fighting hand to hand with 2 Klingons, and winning 2 to 1 is complete BS, but every show does this now, women defeating men who weigh 2x as much and are 300% stronger. Ridic, but that's TV now.

that was deep space nine. pregnant lady beats the shit out of 3 Klingons at the same time. there's suspension of disbelief, then there is full blown retarded.

• I liked it. A well done and worthy addition to the series. So far at least...

It's true, there is affirmative action involved, having 2 female Starfleet humans fighting hand to hand with 2 Klingons, and winning 2 to 1 is complete BS,

Well, technically 1 to 1 since the last Klingon got shot, but still...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• I claim 2 to 1 because there was one Starfleet standing, 1 down, and 2 Klingons down, albeit one did survive. In the moment, that's 2 to 1. And still just as gay as before, come ON, Klingon's entire MO is massive power due to their gorilla like strength, same as the Vulcan's wiry strength due to the nature of the gravity on their home planet compared to Earth Normal 1G. Those Klingons in non projectile weapon fights at that range should kill 10 Starfleet men, let alone 2 women.

As said, suspension of disbelief is one thing, and as Indy said DS9 would pull this with Kira frequently, a species even weaker than humans, again due to gravity/adaptation on their world of Bajor according to canon. I'm all on board for women using weapons to good effect, I've witnessed some do it, and that's well within the abilities. Fighting with edged weapons because a huge disadvantage though due to strength (speed), and reach, and then completely unarmed...come on.

Louder with Crowder channel has this "Not gay Jared" guy who...well looks gay due to his efiminate looks and 130lbs soaking wet frame. He arm wrestled this huge body builder chick on air, and absolutely crushed her, with complete ease and she outweighed him by a bunch too. The brought up the whole TV/Film thing of super strength women kicking huge guys asses as one of the reasons they did they spot.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.