John McCain once again prevents draft dodging cowards from harming American citizens

• https://finance.yahoo.com/news…nst-latest-180607639.html

John McCain just dealt the GOP's latest healthcare bill a critical blow

4956c420-c82f-11e6-80cc-6beda8319ce8_BI.png.cf.jpg

Joe Perticone

Business InsiderSeptember 22, 2017

John Kerry John McCainJohn Kerry John McCain More

(Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass. listens at left as Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., speak during a news conference on on Capitol Hill in Washington, Monday, Dec. 3, 2012, to urge Senate approval of an international agreement for protecting the rights of individuals with disabilities.AP) Arizona Sen. John McCain, the Republican who delivered the final blow to the previous attempt to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, came out against the Graham-Cassidy bill Friday afternoon, dealing the legislation a potentially fatal blow." data-reactid="22">(Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass. listens at left as Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., speak during a news conference on on Capitol Hill in Washington, Monday, Dec. 3, 2012, to urge Senate approval of an international agreement for protecting the rights of individuals with disabilities.AP)
    Arizona Sen. John McCain, the Republican who delivered the final blow to the previous attempt to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, came out against the Graham-Cassidy bill Friday afternoon, dealing the legislation a potentially fatal blow.

In a statement, McCain said the lack of regular order in crafting the legislation is what pushed him away.

budget reconciliation deadline has hung over this entire process."" data-reactid="24">"I would consider supporting legislation similar to that offered by my friends Senators Graham and Cassidy were it the product of extensive hearings, debate and amendment," McCain said. "But that has not been the case. Instead, the specter of September 30 budget reconciliation deadline has hung over this entire process."

We should not be content to pass health care legislation on a party-line basis, as Democrats did when they rammed Obamacare through Congress in 2009," McCain added. "If we do so, our success could be as short-lived as theirs when the political winds shift, as they regularly do. The issue is too important, and too many lives are at risk, for us to leave the American people guessing from one election to the next whether and how they will acquire health insurance. A bill of this impact requires a bipartisan approach."" data-reactid="25">"We should not be content to pass health care legislation on a party-line basis, as Democrats did when they rammed Obamacare through Congress in 2009," McCain added. "If we do so, our success could be as short-lived as theirs when the political winds shift, as they regularly do. The issue is too important, and too many lives are at risk, for us to leave the American people guessing from one election to the next whether and how they will acquire health insurance. A bill of this impact requires a bipartisan approach."

McCain's opposition puts the bill on the brink of defeat. Maine Sen. Susan Collins, a fellow Republican, said Friday she was leaning against voting for it. Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky has come out strongly against the legislation. Republicans can only afford two defections for the legislation to pass." data-reactid="26">McCain's opposition puts the bill on the brink of defeat. Maine Sen. Susan Collins, a fellow Republican, said Friday she was leaning against voting for it. Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky has come out strongly against the legislation. Republicans can only afford two defections for the legislation to pass.

McCain also pointed to the lack of clarity surrounding future impacts of the bill if it were to become law. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office announced they would not be able to provide a full estimate of the bill's impact by the September 30 deadline in which the GOP would try to bypass the Senate's 60-vote threshold." data-reactid="27">McCain also pointed to the lack of clarity surrounding future impacts of the bill if it were to become law. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office announced they would not be able to provide a full estimate of the bill's impact by the September 30 deadline in which the GOP would try to bypass the Senate's 60-vote threshold.

The longtime Arizona lawmaker also said he believes Sens. Bill Cassidy and Linsdey Graham were making a genuine attempt to fix what he believes is a broken healthcare system, but the process by which it was being conducted was not in accordance with how the upper chamber should operate." data-reactid="28">The longtime Arizona lawmaker also said he believes Sens. Bill Cassidy and Linsdey Graham were making a genuine attempt to fix what he believes is a broken healthcare system, but the process by which it was being conducted was not in accordance with how the upper chamber should operate.

"I hope that in the months ahead, we can join with colleagues on both sides of the aisle to arrive at a compromise solution that is acceptable to most of us, and serves the interests of Americans as best we can," McCain said.

• most democrats are furry. Thank god for draft dodgers tho or we would still be in that war if it were up to democrats.

I shouldn't make fun of Kerry tho.. a decorated warrior who one time fired a gun and..... was seriously wounded and almost died trying to get to the head of the purple heart line.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Do you mean, without McCain....my insurance would be even MORE fucking useless than it is NOW?

renowned climatologist Bill Nye — and by climatologist, we mean guy who takes pictures of the Weather Channel on his TV and posts them to Twitter as proof of climate change.

• If all government sponsored health care were stopped immediately, it would harm no one.

It would stop helping people, sure... but it would not harm anybody.

If I were to break my leg and couldn't afford to get it set and cast, the lack of health care didn't harm me... (whatever broke my leg did that) the lack of health care does not harm or help me, it just isn't there.

• Obamacare has fucked me over so hard, I simply can't afford to GO to the fucking doctor anymore. I work for a mid-size corp, and the group rates THEMSELVES aren't too bad ($400/month for wife and me) but there's a $6k deductible for EACH, and they only pay 70% after that. I had an opportunity to get my left knee fixed for a $250 deductible in 2009...fucker would cost me $10k out of pocket now. I go to the doc ONCE a year, and that's for my mandated physical.

If I had no job, sat around the house, slept until noon, the knee wouldn't cost me shit. (THANKfully it's my left, which does not impede starting Hardley)

renowned climatologist Bill Nye — and by climatologist, we mean guy who takes pictures of the Weather Channel on his TV and posts them to Twitter as proof of climate change.

• I think Trump should do what I always said he should do.

Pull the plug on all the illegal things Obama did to make the current incarnation of Obamacare almost palatable.

One of those things is granting Congress access to premium health insurance that they are not legally allowed to have.

I'd pull the plug on that fucker McCain's health insurance right now. Watch that little prick scramble to get his multi-million dollar brain surgery get paid for.

That being said, I'm not sure this latest bill is worth the paper it's written on. I'd still push for a full repeal instead of shoring up Obamacare under a new name.

• one of the biggest societal poisons the age of chump has brought to the so-called right is the "get even with 'em" mindset. It was ugly under zer0 but it had not infested the 'right' until chump and his tag-a-long lefties brought it over and promoted it

Amnesty lives - The wall died.

REMEMBER ALL OF THE VICTIMS OF THE CALIFORNIA TRAGEDY!!!

Nothing happened - they just live there.

• one of the biggest societal poisons the age of chump has brought to the so-called right is the "get even with 'em" mindset. It was ugly under zer0 but it had not infested the 'right' until chump and his tag-a-long lefties brought it over and promoted it

You liked it better when they did nothing for you but said they were all for You? At least he's exposing them all for the worthless fucking worms they are (GOP that is)

Fuck those fucking fuckers...

• the son of a bitch shining the light is in more dire need of illumination - or motherfuckers need to open their eyes.

Amnesty lives - The wall died.

REMEMBER ALL OF THE VICTIMS OF THE CALIFORNIA TRAGEDY!!!

Nothing happened - they just live there.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.