Need advice for a work interview outfit.

• I would think that having dealt with uber customers that it would be a great thing to push if the guy is really into customer service and keeping your cool. Not many folks could handle some of that crap...

When I worked for the city I would have to defuse some pretty tense situations.... Like when there is raw sewage in the home and it is the homeowners fault and it is gonna cost him 5-10 grand.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Good luck with the next interview. Hope you get the job.

Thank you. Me too.

I would think that having dealt with uber customers that it would be a great thing to push if the guy is really into customer service and keeping your cool. Not many folks could handle some of that crap...

When I worked for the city I would have to defuse some pretty tense situations.... Like when there is raw sewage in the home and it is the homeowners fault and it is gonna cost him 5-10 grand.

lazs

I didn't realize that and left Uber off my resume thinking it might be looked down upon. The recruiter told me to put it back on and that it was a good thing. So last night I re-worked my resume and submitted it to the link they provided.

Even if I don't get this job, I feel like I'm over the hump in feeling apprehensive and nervous about going through the interview process. I'm not even worried about what I'll wear anymore - I'll just look put together and I'll know what I'm talking about.

:)

We need more smileys btw.

• I think knowing that the 'boss' wants great customer service is a huge advantage. Looks don't matter much in an office setting where you don't meet people much.

I have done at least a couple dozen formal interviews. Neatness and hygiene of course are big issues.. you would be surprised at some of the people who actually smell bad or are wearing inappropriate clothing.. but attitude is more important.. cheerful goes a long ways.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Be tidy and clean. No open toe shoes. Say "we" instead of "you". Don't show up too early.

I've conducted hundreds of interviews.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• I think knowing that the 'boss' wants great customer service is a huge advantage. Looks don't matter much in an office setting where you don't meet people much.

I have done at least a couple dozen formal interviews. Neatness and hygiene of course are big issues.. you would be surprised at some of the people who actually smell bad or are wearing inappropriate clothing.. but attitude is more important.. cheerful goes a long ways.

lazs

The world is run by good-looking people, just the way it is. We are a proud group

• Good looking and tall are both advantages.

lazs

I guess I'm not horrible looking, and I'm fairly slim and considered tall at nearly 5'7" I'm going to do my best to look good. I'm going to try to get my fucked up hair cut today. My jacked up teeth will have to wait.

Phone interview today in a couple hours.

• You'll get one.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Thanks Sluggo. I hope so. If not with this company, with another.

I was also working on reviving my website business. I could probably do very well with that if I only applied myself more. Someone told me once that I had the most wasted potential of anyone they'd met. I think I have wasted a lot, but I've never been driven in that way.

• Was that me that said that? Because I've thought that.

• Thanks Sluggo. I hope so. If not with this company, with another.

I was also working on reviving my website business. I could probably do very well with that if I only applied myself more. Someone told me once that I had the most wasted potential of anyone they'd met. I think I have wasted a lot, but I've never been driven in that way.

I sent you a PM.