New games/DCS thread/forum

• From their latest newsletter:

"We have been developing the inner-workings of a dynamic campaign system which will continue into 2019. Based on the strategic goals and tactical situations, the systems will create dynamic Air Tasking Orders (ATO) that players then join to help their side to victory. This work is non-trivial, but we believe the addition of this system should be exciting for DCS users."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• A couple things:

The Mig-19's release is imminent! It'll be very soon.

They've released the HARM on the F-18. From what I hear about online servers, there's not a SAM site still alive anywhere.

War Online: Pacific has released. I haven't had the courage / time to try it.

• Mig19 looks really good, no date yet, but yes, it sounds like it'll be soon.

The dynamic campaign will be great for single player, multi too, but what I'm more looking forward too is the dedicated server tool being finished this year at some point. We wanted to set up a FW/DCS server for multi, but it's a giant PITA to co locate, which you need to do right now, no real way around it. Dedicated server will fix that, and let anyone lease space with typical gaming server companies which means no colocated server/box needed, no GPU needed, etc. Having that combined with a dynamic campaign will allow for some pretty good multiplayer servers.

I've been messing around with the Odyssey+ and the Pimax 5k the past week, a lot of potential with the Pimax IMO but I'm still using the Odyssey plus as my main DCS vr unit.

• Man... That shit sucks. i don't even recognize it as music let alone recognize what it is. Fuck that shit.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Man... That shit sucks. i don't even recognize it as music let alone recognize what it is. Fuck that shit.

lol!

I concur. Absolute horsehit performed by crippling asswipes. That bass player probably blows all the other guys. What an anal fuck. I'm not even kidding... there is NOTHING remotely interesting in that sonic dog turd.

• Sonic dog turd, lol.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• That figures.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Tank rushes and Tanya. Red Alert eff tee doubleyou.

Lots of Mig19 vids, F14 ones too on the usual suspects YT channels in the last couple of days. Both are looking great.

The F15E and F16 are a strong possibility for early access in 2019 too according to the forums at ED's site. Lots of Vietnam/Cold War planes too, F4 Phantom and A6 Intruder among them, A7 Corsair too, giving a great CV planeset to do battle on a future SE Asia theater map.

• Some more info on the upcoming F16 module. Looks like it's an "in house/ED" module like the Hornet, using a lot of the same programmers. This is probably next to the F14 the one I've been waiting for the most. I came up on the very first Falcons on the 286 and earlier PCs, and got to interview Pete Bonnani twice for combatsim.com back when Falcon 4.0 was the next big thing in PC flight sims. As great as BMS is, IMO DCS is "the" show now, and having a Falcon module by the end of this year in early access would be superb.

• Mig19 and the dedicated server are out.

Ded server = pretty good times, I wanted to do a dedicated server last year but co locating is/was a giant pita, and back then when my connex was 300/100, it wasn't really good enough. My isp has increased our bandwidth to 600mbit down and 50 up here at this place, and our Calgary place has a 750/750 mbit up down through Telus (Only $70 USD for this too). I'm going to built an extra PC out of the extra z390 board I have coming from Asus that fried on day 2 after my 9900k build, and use that for the DCS dedicated server.