The Trump Could......

• explain what? A 4 stroke? Why someone would want non ethanol fuel for one? What has you confused?

The only non-4 stroke I have is my chainsaw.

Explain.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sluggo ().

• We had a brace of two stroke three cylinder detroit diesels in a 33' Delta. They were 80hp 3-53 two strokes non turbo'd and the very model of reliability. Now 160 hp for a 33' boat doesn't sound impressive but those diesels were turning opposite handed 18x19 brass that really took advantage of those torquey detroits. MARIA ELENA would drone on at 30kts. We could make Alice Town leaving Garden Cove in about three hours in winter.

I liked those old taka taka 2 strokes.

• So the whole fake Russian collusion story was based on an 11 year old news article?

This just gets better and better.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi…who-glenn-simpson-n786321

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Stop changing your story.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Cap... I know you are a big Ford fan but 4K to change lifters? why would that be? It shouldn't cost anymore than any other overhead valve engine and in fact be easier than most since the motor is pretty accessable... now.. if it wipes out the cam...well... that is always bad news for any OHV motor.

The Vette motors are putting out 550HP not 450... Like I said a Camaro is fat.

Now...early mustangs... they had lots and lots of room with stuff kinda out of the way... important stuff like steering. They ran those boat anchor 390's in em and that giant ass SOHC 427

I seen a Healey sprite (the little clown car) with a Hemi in it... you can put anything in anything.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Autocorrect.

• I've never even heard of a 4 strike motor and all but your chainsaw is one? Huh...

Everybody knows you only get three strikes.

• I would suspect that the difference between 10% ethanol and 15% ethanol on your seals would be minor compared to the difference between 10% and no ethanol.

We have a gas station 3 blocks away that has "clear fuel". $1/gallon more expensive. It is primarily for folks with boats and 4 stroke engines... but a few of the older cars run it as if they think it is leaded.

So it's for everyone? You don't think those "older cars" have four stroke engines? Do you even know what a four-stroke engine is?

• Boats with 4 stroke engines? is that better? It's 3 blocks from a river. I've not seen a clear fuel seller out here that wasn't on or near a river. Of course, most things out here are on or near a river.

Other than that, I think you've gone nitpicky. I didn't mean to infer that car engines weren't 4 stroke. I meant that most people who buy it for a v8 seem to think they're buying old school regular.

"My car just runs better on it..."

"Have you ran it on anything other than clear?"

"Nope"

• That's it... keep dancing.

• No need. You seem to think I'm saying something I'm not. Now that you've made it clear that you refuse to accept I meant anything other than what you interpreted... we're pretty much done.

• those lifters for the 5.3 come in cassettes. you have to replace them in pairs. you need to remove the cylinder heads to change them out. at least with the active fuel management.

I wasn't comparing the vette engine to the stang, 'cause they're 2 different classes. i'd compare the vette to the ford gt I think.

yea.....that's why the stangs got bigger in 67. ford wanted to put the 390 in them, but it wouldn't fit in the 65/66. the coyotes fit easily in 67/newer stangs. the fox bodied stangs had boatloads of room under the hood.

would you believe there used to be a k-car running around here with an old hemi in it? couldn't believe someone'd put a hemi in something that ugly.....but the dude had a 1-of-a-kind in that.

there used to be a nice maverick with a 5liter/5speed in it, but I've not seen that recently. there was also a really nice 65 falcon with a 289. lately, I've been seeing a 6?something impala. square'ish, long, 3 small'ish round lights on each side of the tail. rough, but nice. I like seeing some of these older things running 'round.

• If ya wipe out the cam ya gotta replace all the lifters anyway. Most aftermarket roller lifters tie two together. Ya only got to pull one head tho right? and they are light as can be. ever pull the head off a hemi while it is in the car?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• the foolish man would only pull 1 head and do just that side. but.......1&7 2&4 are the active fuel management lifters. would you want to explain to a customer why you only did 1 side after the other side goes belly up?

• Cap, I'm pulling the engine out of the titan and going with some performance exhaust manifolds.

Which would you recommend.? All the ones on line are chinese made.

I'm thinking fabbing my own.