Any Bets? It will be a TS when it hits

• turn? It's going to keep heading west. It'll be mostly broken up in three days.

But there's plywood to sell, so...

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sluggo ().

• Storms don't go west overland in the SE, this time of year, they get pushed from SW to NE

Fucker won't even be here until tomorrow, already have standing water in the backyard

• The guy that used to be the head meteorologist for the weather channel said that man made global warming is a huge hoax. He said there is no proof whatsoever...

Remember Katrina where the reporter was in the boat and guys walked by in the background? the water was ankle deep.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• It is not to just sell plywood... it is to sell fear. Never let a good crisis go to waste.

Oh... I have heard that 5 dead is just a Trump lie... the democrats are busy getting the real numbers right now... say it is closer to 3,000

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Hurricanes are good thing. Boost economy, create jobs, bring all spectrum of people together, and cleans the ecosystem as attended.

There should be a Hurricane appreciation day.

2020, America's New Civil War.

If people do not display wisdom, they will crash like blind moles and then mutual annihilation will commence.

• He’s right. Hurricanes provide jobs and bring new piers and renewed beaches.

What’s not to like??

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

• I've been looking hard into a permanent solution to the rollup door in our walkout basement. (My Pan has had water up the the carb TWICE...once since motor was rebuilt) When there's enough warning (like this week, for instance) we get all the important shit 3-4' about the floor, put the generator outside, above 5' above grade, and plaster the door Barb made over the opening, bolt it into place. PAIN in the ASS.

Oftentimes, there's NO rain when we go to bed, 1 foot of water in the basement when we wake up, owing to some freak storm. (That sort of thing happens mebbe once a year)

Looked into a 4' swinging watertight door...they are $10k+...Jesus. What I'm gonna do, I believe is have a 48" steel dutch door built, set it in as outswinging, put tons weatherstripping on the frame...(water rise will push it INTO the weatherstripping) probably attach some latch system to pull it in even harder. (Finished opening is only 74", is only prob) Local outfit tells me they can build such a door/frame for $800 or so, absent hardware. Mebbe fill in sides with poured concrete a few feet up, with a skinny window or glass blocks above. Sump pump can keep up with whatever trickles thru

A narrative doesn’t require truth to remain viable, it requires the capacity to punish.

“Diversity is our Strength” is made ludicrous by the entirety of human experience and conflict.

But since you can be fired for denying it, there it sits like a turd on a silver tray.