GF already getting me in trouble.

• I got the 45 to that song at my 6th grade school Christmas party...my how times have changed

A narrative doesn’t require truth to remain viable, it requires the capacity to punish.

“Diversity is our Strength” is made ludicrous by the entirety of human experience and conflict.

But since you can be fired for denying it, there it sits like a turd on a silver tray.

• The Doors seemed to kinda make those endless disasters a bit more listenable. Why guitar players think we want to hear em torturing those strings for 10 minutes is beyond me.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I don't care to hear Robby Krieger do that stuff, but I can sure listen to Ray Manzarek do it

A narrative doesn’t require truth to remain viable, it requires the capacity to punish.

“Diversity is our Strength” is made ludicrous by the entirety of human experience and conflict.

But since you can be fired for denying it, there it sits like a turd on a silver tray.

• The term you're looking for is "self-indulgent". Some musicians can get away with it some of the time but none can get away with it all of the time.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sluggo ().

• A narrative doesn’t require truth to remain viable, it requires the capacity to punish.