New cars.

• I've never had a new car before. I need to get something that has better gas mileage for my Uber driving, but if I had the money I'd really love to have a new Explorer or Edge. Loaded.

That reminds me that I keep meaning to buy a lottery ticket now and then. I have lucky genes, being part leprechaun and all.

• I usually buy used because I want a specific model.

When I buy new it'll be because I want a specific purpose.

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.

Celebrating those happy times when the penis is an internal organ.

• There is no worse return for your money than a new car. Either they are engineering in "failure points" on purpose or in some cases the engineers are borderline retarded. I recently received a request for quote for a part which get pressed into a aluminum casting, which normally is no problem. But then I noticed the part was calling for stainless steel which is a huge no no. The combination of the two will cause galvanic corrosion and the joint will fail. I brought this up to the customer and they said they had never heard of this and asked that I quote it to print. So I did with the exception that I cannot be held accountable for any durability issues that may arise from using that combination.

I'm not 100% but maybe Cap1 would know, that on the newer Explorers I've heard that Ford used that same combination on the wheel bearing and shaft up front making them a giant pain in the ass to change.

• Gotta chuckle when someone compares a car to a c.d. They're actually pretty good at retaining equity compared to most every other consumer item. Try selling a used recliner...

Most states require simple interest loans and the rate on new is always considerably below that charged on used cars. And they're well below rates charged to finance other bigger ticket items.

When you weigh the warranty against the exposure of a second hand ride, then consider the markup new v. used, they're actually a pretty good call.

• I've never had a new car before. I need to get something that has better gas mileage for my Uber driving, but if I had the money I'd really love to have a new Explorer or Edge. Loaded.

That reminds me that I keep meaning to buy a lottery ticket now and then. I have lucky genes, being part leprechaun and all.

Prius. Sub 30k car, 50mpg, many on the road already,$7k cali rebate for a hybrid, $4500 fed tax credit. That's a no brainer for cab/ride share.

Last time in Vegas pretty much all the cabs we took were Prius.

• Prius. Sub 30k car, 50mpg, many on the road already,$7k cali rebate for a hybrid, $4500 fed tax credit. That's a no brainer for cab/ride share.

Last time in Vegas pretty much all the cabs we took were Prius.

I drove one and it was too much of a shit box. Noisy and seemed tacky and shitty. Front wheel drive crap that pulled too. I hated it. Ugly too,

• Gotta chuckle when someone compares a car to a c.d. They're actually pretty good at retaining equity compared to most every other consumer item. Try selling a used recliner...

Most states require simple interest loans and the rate on new is always considerably below that charged on used cars. And they're well below rates charged to finance other bigger ticket items.

When you weigh the warranty against the exposure of a second hand ride, then consider the markup new v. used, they're actually a pretty good call.

No they are not, not even close. They are so overpriced it's not even funny.

• Pick a good used car at least 2 years old and perform ALL of the factory recommended maintenance on it yourself. I sell them at 250K and put that money away for maintenance on the next one. CU gives me 2% financing. I did a new car once. Once. Not worth it.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Current ride is a 2010 Altima, bought it with 23K on the ODO, got 173K now, may run it 2 more years.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I've never owned a new car and I generally keep the used ones i buy forever or until they are not dependable or need too much work or I see a really good deal on something else.

I don't spend more than 10K on cars and generally less than half that. Run em for 5-10 years.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)