Anthony Kennedy Retires From SCOTUS

• 25, in my proposal, is the initial number for the sub supreme court. It might need to be more, it might need to be less. The idea being that the SSC + SC would be required to hear and rule on every case that reached them, rather than just being able to pick and choose which ones they want.

• Bzzzzzzt.. you mr blogger need to look up how many federal judges there are and how many cases they hear a year.. 10 times more than you think is light.

elphin one.. you don't give someone a like when they make a proposition unless you agree with that concept.. you liked everything that laser naively put out there.. Hell.. the man does not even know how many judges there are or how it would work.................yet............you high five him like some hippy at a flag burning?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Bzzzzzzt.. you mr blogger need to look up how many federal judges there are and how many cases they hear a year.. 10 times more than you think is light.

elphin one.. you don't give someone a like when they make a proposition unless you agree with that concept.. you liked everything that laser naively put out there.. Hell.. the man does not even know how many judges there are or how it would work.................yet............you high five him like some hippy at a flag burning?

lazs

Sa-wing and a miss there, slugger!

I looked it up after I posted, there are 188 Appellate and Supreme Court judges total. I over guessed based on how many I knew to be in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. But 188 vs. 240 ain't bad.

Then again, 240 is a hell of a lot closer to 188 than 2,400+ is.

• If Dems manage to cockblock the Appointed Catholic, maybe SCROTUS will stay the same size for a while. But if you traitorous boot-lickers manage to confirm him (which is pretty likely), then it's time to Pack The Court.

Short term gain. Long term pain. It's the Republicunt Way.

George Papadopoulos: convicted felon.

Michael Flynn: convicted felon.

Rick Gates: convicted felon.

Paul Manafort: convicted felon.

Michael Cohen: convicted felon.

Tick Tock: motherfuckers.

• laser..........not what I asked you.. the judge that blocked the ban on muslim countries was a federal judge.. of which........................there are over 3400...............you are gonna have how many sub sub sub Sc judges review all of their findings?:

lazs

• elphin one.. you don't give someone a like when they make a proposition unless you agree with that concept.. you liked everything that laser naively put out there..

Take a screenshot of the post I allegedly "liked". I haven't liked a single post of his in this entire thread.

You otoh...

• Sooo.. I agree with removing people who don't abide by the constitution but.. UNLIKE YOU I DO NOT AGREE WITH LASERS SOLUTION... who does not? but u and he went the extra step and got into extremist silly territory.

lazs

• Which is why a number of them were threatened with impeachment in early days. Read the book 'men in black' by levin

I saw the movie... it has no bearing on this thread whatsoever.

• laser..........not what I asked you.. the judge that blocked the ban on muslim countries was a federal judge.. of which........................there are over 3400...............you are gonna have how many sub sub sub Sc judges review all of their findings?:

lazs

5. Again, it was all in what I wrote. But you keep working very, VERY hard to convince everyone that you are illiterate. And I'm not saying that facetiously.

Oh, and get someone to read this to you, just so you don't have questions later: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/facetiously?s=t

• I saw the movie... it has no bearing on this thread whatsoever.

Remember the "bug guy" in that movie? We have a deranged meth head homeless person that does a GREAT imitation of someone walking like they are nothing but bugs. He walks up and down the street all day long.

• Sooo.. I agree with removing people who don't abide by the constitution but.. UNLIKE YOU I DO NOT AGREE WITH LASERS SOLUTION... who does not? but u and he went the extra step and got into extremist silly territory.

lazs

So you can't show me where I agreed with it?

• 5. Again, it was all in what I wrote. But you keep working very, VERY hard to convince everyone that you are illiterate. And I'm not saying that facetiously.

Oh, and get someone to read this to you, just so you don't have questions later: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/facetiouslys=t

• laser... no it was not... you got it wrong. So how many districts... how many judges and how many decisions both by the entire district court and individual judges?

Lets not dance around it.... what it is is.... a shitload. to review each one would be a herculean task requiring that your 'sub whatever' have hundreds if not thousands of judges. their decisions on what was and what was not constitutional would have to be unanimous correct?

Otherwise... you are worse off than before. Get any 8 judges in a room with a complex case and they will almost never agree on constitutional basis. that is really the long and the short of it.

idiot....moron.... illiterate.... links to dictionaries .... I guess if you think those are good debate points I could sprinkle a few into my side of the debate.

But... I don't think you are an idiot. I think you are 'simplistic' and unrealistic. I think that most of the things you pontificate on are well meaning but ill conceived. You would like to see some constitutional utopia where everyone thought exactly like you..... that is what it boils down to. Anyone not agreeing is an 'idiot' or 'moron'

lazs

• Again... not trying to be a dick about it but you are making that difficult. I know you are well meaning but you simply do not have the candlepower to light up the subjects you have 'solutions' for.

lazs

• Not far off on that at all Frode... that is sorta my point.. certainly we took a hit when we had rhinos and demoncrats putting in judges.

As you say... it is a great document that self corrects. If we leave it alone.................I see meddling from the far right to be almost as big a danger as meddling from the left.

lazs