of all the possible views of God, atheism is the least plausible.

• I just told you. You want personal experience? My paternal grandmother wouldn't have anything to do with me or my sister because we weren't Catholic. I used to live with my maternal grandmother, and we were very close. Before she went senile she asked me if I still believed, and when I said no, she wasn't interested in me anymore either. That's what religion does. I have to live in the same world. Laws based on religion affect everyone, how is this hard for you.

There's probably more too it than just that. Sounds like you were probably an asshole...

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

• Holden saying that something is impossible especially when there is no other reasonable explanation is exactly as storch says... it is the very definition of faith.

Although that is not what I said. I do not believe in God or his nonexistence. I am an unbeliever.

What I have said is that if you believe that something from nothing is inconceivable, it does not make any more sense to believe that something from nothing is conceivable if there is a God there to make it happen. It's still something from nothing.

• All part of God's mysterious plan that we can't possibly hope to comprehend. Yeah, not very original. This is how contradictions are explained away. It's a blanket check for when reason runs out.

• Then maybe you should go back and put it into the context in which it was written. Storch asked multiple times how religion affects me. This is an answer, not a statement.

God doesn't have anything to do with any of this. humans made up this ridiculous religion, and their reactions are a common way of interpreting it. It instills such fear in them that they can't think straight. Beyond that, if you don't follow the specified religion, you aren't tribe, and you become a member of the out group. It's not complicated.

• There's probably more too it than just that. Sounds like you were probably an asshole...

A 4 year old asshole? That's when the Catholic one cut me off. As for the other, I continued to support her long after she was sure I was a demon. I never showed her anything but love. It doesn't bother me as much as you think because I understand. She is a country person with no other input around her other than a small group of religious fundamentalists. Losing my grandpa sent her closer to them. Before she found fear religion didn't matter as much.

• So she was fine with you not being catholic up until 8? What part of the story are you leaving out? And the maternal grandmother, at what age did you tell her there was no God and religion was for the weak?

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

• Yep, I think we've got to the root cause.

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

• Why do so many serious conversations have to end up this way in here?

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.