It Won't Be Long

• Hell yeah man. I'll never look back.

Working as an expert witness and spending 4 hours being deposed by some dick asking the same question 54 times trying to find a hole. Telling some president of a small regional bank whether or not he's going to lose the farmer's money if he funds a developer. Telling some couple I like they ain't getting what they want or telling some greedy ass he's getting everything he wants. Divorce payouts, taxes...The big jobs and the little ones all suck for me.

I can't get away from it fast enough. That shit doesn't wash off at the end of the day. Soft hands yeah, but about 40 tons on my back.

• yeah... I ended my working career as pretty much a politician.... It just lost it's appeal at the end. fighting battles that should not have to have been fought. got so winning and losing looked about the same.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I stepped down for my current job, picked up my tools and started working for a living again. Zero stress, less bullshit, better hours and I get to fix things ie tinker and fiddle on the company dime. Cars, computers, appliances, robots, power tools, lawn mowers etc, I’ll make it work again, just give me the manual and a little time.

I’m no good at herding cats but I can sure make broken things whole again.

It’s not work if you like doing it.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

• Don’t we all?

My list is 3 pages long.

It started out at 7.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

• Are plural or is plural? Surly old thing.

Craftsmen ARE plural, craftsman IS singular.

Get it?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Craftsmen ARE plural, craftsman IS singular.

Get it?

Unless you are talking of the words themselves.

Then the word 'Craftsmen' is plural as it is a single word.

• Yeah?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Not. In the context of the original post.

• Craftsman. It's hard to find a CRAFTSMAN.

not really, they're all over the landfill

A narrative doesn’t require truth to remain viable, it requires the capacity to punish.

“Diversity is our Strength” is made ludicrous by the entirety of human experience and conflict.

But since you can be fired for denying it, there it sits like a turd on a silver tray.