"In her natural environment"

• It's more complicated than just weight, but if you have a car where grip and weight is well balanced say within 55-45 distribution (like most BMWs and other 'sporty' cars) adding more weight to the front will make it understeer. The lateral g-forces will make the heavier front overcome the grip of the front wheels before the lighter rear. Adding to the problem, muscle cars also need more grip at the rear to put all those horses into the ground so you have wider more grippy tires at the back. You end up with a situation where you have most of the lateral forces acting on the front, but with most of the grip in the back.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Balance is the key, longer wheel base. I'll surprise a porsche guy in the F-450 tuned to deliver about 600hp, in turns if I'm light. They don't stand a chance. Pass them outside approaching 80mph and all they can do is watch.

• Oh and only because they're soft office types in posemobiles and not a crazy Cubano in an overpowered truck...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• I pulled into work last week behind a GT4 that had two Indian 30 somethings in it. I couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of it being sentenced to a life of commuting.

• No... fishbaum... meant what I said. The drivetrain from the chevy would be lighter and maybe back a bit more. They are an amazing engine. From the smallest to the largest they weigh about the same.

My Healey had the small block chevy and the entire engine and transmission was about 8 lbs less than the stock 4 banger and giant Healey overdrive trans.

What you get with that car is oversteer followed by a switch to understeer. this is because it had a 90" wheelbase... not positive what was happening tho because it happened .....................quickly mostly it went sideways then snapped back a bit then spun.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• No overhead cam either... no brit parts on the engine or transmission which means... no more tow trucks except for the odd electrical failure of fire fishbaum....

And... what is more fun than tearing out the engine of a new(ish) car and tossing it?

Don't tell your money lending and pawn shop owning friends and they will go crazy trying to figure out how you always make it to where you are going!

lazs

• quisling.... just me owning the car devalues it. I would not sell something if it still had any useful life in it or was worth a shit.

But...... even taking that into account.. the devalue thing... How much value do you attribute to not waiting for the tow truck? especially on a date say?

lazs

• The AJ-V8s are pretty solid engines. I don't know how much of an improvement a Chevy small block would be reliability wise. The engines and drive line were never the problem with Jags, but the electrics and peripherals. On Ford-era Jags and later those are good as well. I don't know the exact model year of the Fishmobile, but after 15-20 years a busted electrical fuel pump is to be expected. I've already replaced the fuel pump, water pump and alternator on mine, preemptively. This year's service I'll also have them replace the thermostat and housing. Preemptively. Far cheaper than waiting until something breaks, and no need to wait for a tow truck or find a new place to eat breakfast.

• most LS motor trucks and cars seem to go around 250k before they have problems.. the 'k' means thousands of miles not that kilo-whatever shit. I got a buddy could do the install in a few days.. as a bonus... it would have a new computer and wiring harness just for LS conversions. Soooo.. bye bye Lucas asshat electrics..

Sure.. the wipers would still only work when the windshield was dry and the lights only work in the daytime but the fucker would run all the god damn time. When you smelled burn wiring it would probly only be some unimportant brit shit burning.

lazs

• Whether it's intentional or unintentional you're a funny guy Coward. German electrics in mine, never had a problem that wasn't battery related.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.