More winning, put those fuckers to work!

• TRUMP SIGNS EXECUTIVE ORDER PUSHING WORK REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POOR

I love that headline. You'd think that, by default, you'd want the poor to be working.

Also a gem from that article (read it earlier this morning):

The president called for enforcing work requirements that are already in the law and reviewing all waivers and exemptions to such mandates. Also, the executive order asked agencies to consider adding work requirements to government aid programs that lack them.

• That's the thing, the law is already there. Why does it take an EO to enforce it??? Selective enforcement of laws is total bullshit...

• He wishes it was 1850 Antebellum. He wants to make the fedzilla the biggest slave driving slave master of all time.

Unconstitutional.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• He wishes it was 1850 Antebellum. He wants to make the fedzilla the biggest slave driving slave master of all time.

Unconstitutional.

You're going to have to explain that. It seems you read this to mean he wants them to work for the government.

• Forcing anyone to work is tantamount to slavery. Especially when there's children involved. How do you suppose they should enforce these rules?

Unconstitutional.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• There's a fine line there. The aclu would say no.

• plus the true litmus test... If no name is for it it's probably not constitutional.

• Forcing anyone to work is tantamount to slavery. Especially when there's children involved. How do you suppose they should enforce these rules?

Unconstitutional.

What an odd position to take. Nobody is being forced to work. People have the right to choose. It kinda makes me think you don't really understand what slavery is at all.

And where is the idea that someone shouldn't have to work coming from? Isn't that the basic struggle of life?

• We were so poor when I was a kid, one time my mom used the last bit of change she had to buy end-of-day doughnuts that were heavily discounted for dinner. Open-face grilled cheese with ketchup was another favorite, and the classic shit on a shingle. Never a dime of public money.

• "Shit on a shingle"and goulash, ate so much of that as a kid I'll never eat either again...

• Unconstitutional.

• Didn't know that level of poverty even stepping onto US soil as a political exile.

All I know is work because that was the example shown me by the giants in my ancestry upon who's shoulders I stood.

My kids are following the same path.

• The part about purposely starving children because their parents won't allow themselves to be sold at the market.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sluggo ().