Evaporative Cooler

• You're weak individuals.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• It doesn't get too hot I don't think, but last time I lived here was 1983 and I was kinda riding my bike and having a crush on Sandra Johnson, and not giving a shit about the weather. So I don't know. The weather has been awesome so far. I know it does get crazy hot for a few weeks, but we are at 6200ft here, so not as bad as the valley. I'm skeptical but interested to see how it works. If it works in Arizona, it must be fine here. Nothing's as hot as AZ.

• Well my house is fully enclosed. As you probably guessed, since I don't live in a manger. I think you're supposed to leave the windows cracked since there's no return. It pushes the heat out. As for all those infections, you should probably get up there and change the pads it drips over. They're probably molded all to hell.

• If it's possible crack the windows from the top.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Well, I was running a test on it after it was all summerized and it was so-so. It's not hot yet, so inconclusive. I leave one window partially open for my cats and it opens from the bottom. I have a drape over it and it was pushed into the opening, and when I pulled it aside it was easy to sense a flow.

This house is too well sealed to pump air in with no escape. May not do much for the heat, but at least a flow will get some of it. My ceiling is 16 feet high and shaped like a dome in the living room, so maybe the heat will go there. I will resurrect this thread in the summer and let you know. My prediction is that I will be bitching about how much it will cost for a new refrigerated air replacement, but we'll see.

• fish18_zpstnrw4wpk.jpg

This is General Hashimoto and Master Nundiska. I used to call them Dumb and Dumber, but my daughter thought it would be funny if they had serious Japanese names. See this water feature? I noticed almost every house we looked at out here had one. Some were pretty cheesy. I wondered what the deal was. This one has a 30 gallon tank underneath. I topped it off when we moved in and a couple weeks later the water got all murky and it was loud - come to find out, nearly all the water had evaporated! It was sucking up dirt from the bottom of the pan with the intake value partially out of the water.

Now it evaporates 8-12 gallons a week, so I have to stay on it. I've never seen anything like that. I imagine they put these in houses here to try to increase humidity? Either that or they just really love cheeseball water fountains.

• Damn, Eric- you are serene now. Me too- I don't know if it's a lack of will or a lack of energy. Whatever, you're in a good place.

• Sounds like a testosterone deficiency.

• Amen bruh.

• You could have had you employed forethought.

Yup. You could have run down there like MrFish and screwed some of the cows or you could have walked down there like Storch and screwed all of the cows.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.