Winning!!

• Discretionary spending is less than half of our budget. Sadly, most of our spending is pre-programmed (which absolves congress of being responsible for it)

Propaganda is a manipulation tool focused primarily on emotions. It has little to do with truth or facts and everything to do with persuasion and motivation.

• Wait... this is from the extremely pro right wing PBS? Be honest now... get out of your liberal bubble and look around.....

When has PBS EVER gotten it right? name one prediction they ever made that came to pass... seriously. Sure it is fun to read some like minded columnist and gloat for a while but the high is never worth the crash.... I mean look at the tears you guys have shed already? are you not getting wise yet?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Wait... this is from the extremely pro right wing PBS? Be honest now... get out of your liberal bubble and look around.....

When has PBS EVER gotten it right? name one prediction they ever made that came to pass... seriously. Sure it is fun to read some like minded columnist and gloat for a while but the high is never worth the crash.... I mean look at the tears you guys have shed already? are you not getting wise yet?

lazs

All financial data posted was fact taken from the governments own reports.

If your talking about the blog link, he knows the material better than everyone here combined.

"Jeffrey Frankel is Harpel Professor of Capital Formation and Growth at Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government. He is a Research Associate of he National Bureau of Economic Research, where he is also a member of the Business Cycle Dating Committee"

Data is challenging! Too bad it won't conform to a simplistic Two-party model!

:trumped

• Only a very few things can fix our budget-- bringing in more tax receipts from a booming economy (which Trump is doing), getting rid of illegal, illiterate illegal beaners who cost us billions, (which Trump is doing)

and, for all us baby-boomers to die off

Propaganda is a manipulation tool focused primarily on emotions. It has little to do with truth or facts and everything to do with persuasion and motivation.

• Thank you for playing... the data was not being challenged. you should read what I posted... what is being challenged is the predictions. I have no idea if jeffery fankel is full of shit or not or even honest but I know that PBS would not have him if he were not over the top left wing ...............and.........you know it too.

What I was actually challenging was for you to show one future event that PBS ever predicted correctly... or even close.

lazs

• Thank you for playing... the data was not being challenged. you should read what I posted... what is being challenged is the predictions. I have no idea if jeffery fankel is full of shit or not or even honest but I know that PBS would not have him if he were not over the top left wing ...............and.........you know it too.

What I was actually challenging was for you to show one future event that PBS ever predicted correctly... or even close.

lazs

First you should show where I made a prediction, financial data was fact. The blogpost put forth several fact based answers to questions posed.

For example

PBS: Would President Trump's proposed tariffs on steel and aluminum imports help create more jobs in the United States, as he argues?

JF: The import tariffs are likely to create a few jobs specifically in the US firms that make steel and aluminum. The important point, however, is that such positive effects will be far outweighed by negative effects on other sectors. This is especially true of those manufacturing sectors that use steel and aluminum, such as the auto industry, aircraft, heavy equipment manufacturers, household appliance makers, beer can producers, and so on. Because the sectors like autos use the metals as major inputs to their production process, these industries will be hit by the increase in costs. Workers in the adversely affected industries vastly outnumber workers in steel and aluminum - by about 80-to-1, according to Econofact.

You should read it if you haven't. Don't let your bias keep you from expanding your awareness.

• Uh.. I don't know how you define making a prediction but that sure seemed like one to me. He is saying it will only create a few jobs but in the long run hurt the economy... that is nothing but a prediction pulled out of his ass.

It was predicted that his policy on American companies tax rates on overseas operations would hurt the economy and not create any jobs.... PBS predicted that and almost overnight was proven wrong.

I know it is fun to gloat while you are being spoon fed this shit but you are in for a crash.

lazs

• Where do you get your shit spoon-fed from? Also, great prediction you made at the end there!

• Ok... my prediction? that you are in for a crash? It is based on the fact that you seem to only get your info from left wing sites... Starting with election day and continuing to this day it is a fact that you and your ilk have been thrust into the river of denial where your salty tears won't show so much... That is fine but the very definition of insanity is to continue to do (listen to) the same things over and over and expect different results.

lazs

• Ok... my prediction? that you are in for a crash? It is based on the fact that you seem to only get your info from left wing sites... Starting with election day and continuing to this day it is a fact that you and your ilk have been thrust into the river of denial where your salty tears won't show so much... That is fine but the very definition of insanity is to continue to do (listen to) the same things over and over and expect different results.

lazs

That's a rather simplistic statement. All of the information I have presented was taken from the governments own reports. In fact, your presumptive bias towards what you perceive as my political orientation is nothing more than rhetoric. That rhetoric itself smacks of denial.

Since you apparently cannot offer valid, fact based reasoning or explanation towards OP it's doesn't surprise me that you've simply fallen back on baseless insult and your own denials. It's okay though, if you want to call me your boogeyman I don't mind.

• Oh come on.. a one minute search shows all kinds of rosy predictions... which may or may not be as idiotic as your left wing site.

lazs

• Wow, I’ve never seen anyone get back on a horse that quick before.

Nicely done.

Stick around, it’s a lot more fun when the rest of us get home from our jobs and have a little free time to spar.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

• Oh come on.. a one minute search shows all kinds of rosy predictions... which may or may not be as idiotic as your left wing site.

lazs

Left wing? Right wing?

What's insane is that some people still believe they aren't one and the same. That they believe a two-party system designed to create controlled gridlock as a charade is somehow an effective system. What's insane is that some people are so absorbed in the absurd you vs me mentality that they are perfectly content with fighting their fellow Americans rather than having a classical exchange of knowledge and discourse.

You've proven that point well today.

:trumped

• Whenever the far right or the far left tries to say that they are not such... they always end up saying that there is no left or right wing sites.

They are all the same! LOL

I do see a you vs me... I seen the monkey boy and the demoncrat party as a direct threat to all I like to do... I am now giddy as a little school girl getting her first valentines day card at school each and every day with the stuff Trump does.

What is amusing tho is that in one respect you are right. Both the far right on here and the far left hate Trump.... he is not even a politician yet... All of you hate politicians. It is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.. I mean... if you are an idiot that is.

lazs

• winning.. watch this all the way through... yes.. I know it is painful.. but no.. it is not fiction it is actual footage.. PBS shows exactly who the fuck they are.,... are these the idiots you champion? they are lackeys.. you are a lackey of a minion if you don't see it.

lazs

• here is PBS.. at their worst but.. at their most exposed.. no one smile over Trump win.. more crap from them about racism...

lazs