Social Justice comes to Nat'l Geographic

• There's fishy.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• "I’m the first woman and the first Jewish person—a member of two groups that also once faced discrimination here. It hurts to share the appalling stories from the magazine’s past."

Yes, so oppressed. Great victim positioning. She will make sure you only learn about "right" things from now on. If some bare breasted mammy is sitting in the dirt hammering two rocks together while flies buzz around her emaciated kids, then don't worry, you won't see it. Instead they'll go find some shack where Bill Gates donated some laptops and give you some heartwarming story about young B'atoo and her friends that through sheer girl power are learning Excel and are going to be CEOs some day.

• Nice, I'll have to remember that.

Remember, now that she has positioned herself as one of the oppressed, to criticize her would be racist. The history wipe will proceed unchallenged. Come on America...really. What bugs me most is that we are such a cow-minded host and let this brain-fuck go down without a whimper of protest. Helping it along actually. Maybe we deserve it if that's all we've got.