The Old Games Thread

• Any you mofos playing around with GOG.com or get old games for cheap on Steam (or abandonia, or play old games on DOSBOX) ?

I've been fucking around with old games on the side for over 10 years now.

Right now I'm playing Rainbow Six 3 Gold - very very fun, old Unreal engine, high realism shooter (one shot, you're pretty much screwed). You really get a shock to see how much the gun world has changed since 2000 as well.

In the past I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the Crusader No Regret/No Remorse series. Also have had fun with Xwing/Tie Fighter, and the Baldur's Gate series and spin offs. I'm about to get into Wing Commander - have not played that since the original came out like 100 years ago.

• Baldur's Gate 2 is a classic. One of the best games ever made. I also picked up there IL2:1946 (lost half of my original CD's), and Falcon 4.0 pack.

I want to pick up the Homeworld Cataclysm pack, but I've got a handful of games I've collected over the years that I haven't even had time to install yet, much less play.

• Only Old Game I'm playin off and on is Ghost Recon. Never could put my mind around DOS Box. Had it installed at one time but never got it to work, cuz I never figured out how to "Mount" them. One I really want to get going again is Grand Prix Legends. That would be cool.

• Only Old Game I'm playin off and on is Ghost Recon. Never could put my mind around DOS Box. Had it installed at one time but never got it to work, cuz I never figured out how to "Mount" them. One I really want to get going again is Grand Prix Legends. That would be cool.

I could never get Falcon to work, how are you going?

• Fired up Railroad Tycoon a couple of weeks ago when I was home sick.

Too much going on to play any games or even watch TV.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• The most used line in PC stores in the early 90s - "this thing will run Wing Commander great". A dollar every time you heard that one...

Red Storm Rising and Airborne Ranger are good times still.

I remember playing the first F19 Stealth Fighter on the C64, it had this "emcon" setting, how high your signature was, and 2 was the lowest you could get it unless you flew under a couple hundred feet which would give you one, but was a constant pita as you had to made corrections every 1/2 second or so to keep it there. I flew an entire mission to take out a SAM site with a HARM shot, took 35 minutes from start to finish hand flying it at one emcon, and the game gave me the DFC award. I was very proud.

Red Storm Rising was one of the great games of that time.

• Right here: http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/4858/Red+Storm+Rising.html

• We had a store in the mall called Babages that I'd hover in for a long time. I liked Zyll.

My brother taught me DOS when I was in elementary school and we would get on message boards, pre internetz, from his compaq that had about a 5x5 screen that you uncovered when you took the keyboard off for geaux time.

I also liked King's Quest and Load Runner. King's quest was gay, and Load Runner just sounds like some nerds made a funny joke. I still liked them.

I got into the ID games like Wolfenstein later. Doom wasn't as fun though. I was fucking girls by that time.

• We had a computer lit class in 5th grade. I helped the teachers when they froze or someone fucked them up....My mom was one of the teachers. She was a volunteer. Imagine that. Maybe if I had been in a school district in a city that had high property taxes they would have allocated funds towards something that was obviously going to change the world. Unfortunately, I lived in Plano, Texas. At least we had lots of good football gear....Oh wait. The Robin Hood laws took our money and gave it to poor black and Mexi schools. It was always funny to come from "Rich" Plano in our 1970's uniforms and play "poor" schools in brand new mesh jerseys and shiny helmets.