Pop Up Cabin Built in a Single Day

• Don't know how much durability such a structure would have....but repairs ought to be low-cost.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like torx.

Thats because youse guys dont get real robertson screws,those square drives are a work around the patent. The roberstson has a tapered square drive and if you use the proper driver they wont fall off even if pointed down..

They were the only screw I would use when I did kitchens,still have a few boxes of then in assorted sizes #6 and #8 from 3/4 of an inch to 3 inches in length. Thats 40 pound boxes of them.

• If you have a Robertson you need a perfect match bit. Cheap Chinese doesn't work out well.

Geeze they make them color coded so you cant mix them up..... The chink shit is square drive,not robertson. Black is #10,red is #8 the most popular size and green is #6 second most popular then there's the little yellow ones #4 the smallest. It's a Canuk thing and Mr Robertson sent millions of screws to the UK during WW2 to help with the war effort,Canuk mossies used them and they greatly sped up assembly of the airframes.

• That could have been filmed right around here. Current lumber prices make such a toy playhouse cost prohibitive.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• And... I don't have any problem with a phillips head screw.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Always predrill. Unless you like split wood.

• Geeze they make them color coded so you cant mix them up.....

That's a recent thing. I first noticed it two years ago visiting a Home Depot in Canada. All my old 1950s Robersons (in my secret cache in Canada) don't have that shit. Anyways, I grew up with those screwdrivers and I was always grabbing the wrong one. I bought a set of new ones (color coded) but the screws aren't color coded so.... Anyways, they are great when you have the right one.

• Spit keep me honest... When I went to a Canadian Home Depot last, I actually was completely unable to find phillips screws or screwdrivers - every last thing in there was Robertson only. It just so happened that I was looking for a phillps screwdriver and they didn't have any. I mean, maybe they had some, but I didn't see any at all.

Conversely, I don't ever remember seeing any Robertson stuff in US Home Depots. Not saying they don't have it, just saying I can't remember seeing any.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!